cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brian1324

how can I feel secure?

I have no experience with this don't want to get virus or other problems  how can I feel secure

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

brian1324‌ By virus do you mean Computer virus or health virus?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

Let us know what you are trying to do and we would be happy to help!  Are you trying to quit smoking or vaping - or are you just anxious about the current coronavirus?

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barb102

Let us know so we can help or if it’s about Corona share fears and positive thoughts 

0 Kudos
Maki

I'm going to reply in case you are reading ... 

If this is about smoking or vaping and quitting this is what I would say to you 

Take care of yourself the best way possible . Quit ,  you've found support .... I'm pretty new here too and I can say ...you ....are in good hands . Caring new quitters just like yourself . Some elders , longtimers , and more . 

If you are smoking and want to quit ....  good job for reaching out . Support is a wonderful thing to have when we make that scary decision or even think about quitting at first and I can tell you when I quit I was scared too . 

How would I live without them , I wondered ? Could I do it ? What if I couldn't were all my thoughts . Smoking was my way of feeling safe and feeling secure or so I thought , but they never kept me safe . That was a lie . I got copd .  Cigarettes vaping as you know cause fear too .  

Security lies within and when you quit you will find true confidence , security and peace . Something everyone wants ..  IDon't be afraid to quit . Step out of the comfort zone .....even if it's scary .... you will feel ok with not smoking .... in fact you will feel better .... It will take time for sure but it's time well spent . 

Fear and doubt quite often kept us from quitting .  

Don't doubt , don't fear , you CAN do this .  

Maki