cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gai.C

To Divide or Not .

So Daddy got My Stepmom "s Ashes  back day before yesterday.  My Stepsister and Oldest daughter asked for some. At first Daddy said No. He said let me sleep on it. So yesterday he decided My Stepmom would want them to have some.  I told him to do what he wanted to do.  What do Yall think about this. My youngest daughter has some of my MIL"s Ashes.  My Oldest daughter has some of her Father's Ashes. 

13 Replies
Cousin-Itt

If it will give them comfort why not.  Out of respect people ashes get spread into the wind, ocean etc...  I think it just shows respect and love to all involved

YoungAtHeart

I agree with Cousin-Itt.  No reason not to give a bit to everyone to whom it would bring comfort.  There is no regulation that calls for anything specific.  You can use any container with a lid.   Each person may even have something that could be used.  If you need to buy something, don't look for crematory ash containers - that name automatically triples the cost of the item!  Call it a keepsake box and you will find things like this:  Angel Design Curio Box Favors | Unique Favors.

You might need to find a third party to do the honor of dividing some out.  It might be a bit much for the grieving.

Nancy

sweetplt

I agree with Carl Cousin-Itt if it gives comfort to them, it is harmless...I still have all my cats ashes...someday I want to bury them...but for now...its all good...Colleen 464 DOF 

Barbscloud

I don't see why not.  I have 5 urns with ashes (husband and 4 pets) .  For some, I put part of the ashes in the lake where we vacationed for years.  I still have to get one of my dogs there.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

It took awhile for me to be ready to do it, but I scattered my Mom's ashes at the beach, during this most magical sunset reflection imaginable.  The clouds were scalloped layers of purple, orange, blue and gold.   Of course it was breezy, so my daughter and I got covered in the dust.  I couldn't help myself in saying, "oh, my, we've got Nana all OVER us" which caused us both to break down in tear flowing laughter.  It was GOOD!

i have asked my daughters to scatter mine in the Kander River in Switzerland (I hope it's legal there!).  It is the MOST magical thing.  It is mountain fed, is turquoise in color,  SO clear, and the current is wonderfully powerful.  I could have watched it for hours - and was overjoyed every time our journey took us near it.  I have an account set up to fund the trip, too.  If they would rather use the $$$ to go someplace warm one winter and leave me in the ocean locally, I won't know and won't care!!! 

BobKatt22

Youngatheart!!!!!! You’ll always be  YOUNG AT HEART

BobKatt22

When I first read this I thought “ewwww gross” but after only a couple of minutes of thought, I thought “why not”  I’ve never heard of it being done before but if family members want some ashes for a keepsake? Then “WHY NOT!!!” I think it’s ok ‍♀ ‍♀

KellanC74

My mom's mother has been all over the world on trips with my family for the last 16 years Gai.C‌. (((hugs))). Sometimes we just need to hold on a little longer  

Gai.C

Thank you  Everyone.  I needed to hear All of Y'alls comments. Made me feel better.