cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ohkayt

Day 1... again

So i slipped over the weekend with my mom. So I started again today. So far it's not too bad. But I'm disappointed in myself. I was embarrassed to tell my coworkers when they asked. They bought me hard candies and gum to help me get through the weekend, and I blew it. I so badly wanted to lie and say I made it. But I cant stand people who lie. So I told them the truth. I'm just disappointed in myself. But I'm back on the right path. I just hope I stick with it this time. 

10 Replies
SimplySheri

Quitting is a journey and sometimes the journey gets bumpy.  You are so lucky to have co-workers who are supportive and encouraging!!  And they are lucky to have you....a co-worker who doesn't lie.  That's admirable.  So please shake off the embarrassment and disappointment so that you can move forward honestly and positively   You've got this if you want it!!

Jennifer-Quit

So many, including myself, have had false starts.  Regroup and prepare and start again - you  can do this.  When I started 2140 days ago I had little  faith,  but today I know I will never smoke again.  Give it time - it will get better!  Best wishes!

sweetplt

Oh hon Ohkayt don’t beat yourself up...but now you were fearful of seeing your mom being a trigger because she smoked...unfortunately, you may have to avoid her until your stronger in your quit...that may be the lesson learned...You got this...you hoped back on and started over...Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 463 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Hard way to do it, but I think you have learned a lesson.  You might need to stay away from your Mom for a bit until you are further along in your quit, or she is going to have to not smoke in front of you.  You knew it might be a problem - as long as you learned from it, this may not be such a bad thing.

SO happy you are right back at it!  Do keep in mind that "hope" has nothing to do with quitting smoking.  "Commitment" has everything to do with it!  Think and act accordingly to be successful at this.

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry about the slip. Stay Close, even on the weekend. 

indingrl

Awe YOU are NOT alone - I used AGAIN to because I wanted to smoke - no worries

indingrl

DAY ONE- NICOTINE FREEDOM- GOOD JOB - Yahoooooo - WAY TO GO

MarilynH

You can do this quit believe it deep breaths and keep moving forward stacking up those precious Days Of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free.....

Barbscloud

Glad you got right back on track.  Most of us have been there so there's nothing to be embarrassed about.  We learn from our mistakes.  No looking back. Keep moving forward.

Barb