cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Stringbean

Finally

Well after about a week of quitters flu I am feeling better. Ears and throat still a little tender but nothing like they were. I was able to sleep almost all night. Thank you ex'ers for the love tough and other wise. For the caring and support. I know I will always have to be mindful that it's easy to pick up that cig but also easy to remember the struggle of the last week. I am feeling more confident and happy everyday I take the pledge. It helps me to recommit everyday. To know if I chose to get a cig I am breaking the chain of pledger. I take my pledge seriously and never want to break it. Btw my name is Suzy but stringbean is good too.

8 Replies
Barbscloud

Suzy, I happy to hear you're feeling better.   When we first quit, we think all of this will never end.  It takes time, but it will happen.  I so agree with taking the daily pledge seriously.  It's been a real motivator for me.   Big congrats on your continued success.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

You might spend a few minutes and write down how your felt that first week - ALL of it!  Keep it handy and promise yourself you will read it BEFORE you ever give in and light another cigarette.  I think one of the reasons I was able to quit on my first and only attempt was because I DID remember how difficult it was and never wanted to go through it again.

Glad you are feeling better!

Nancy

MarilynH

I'm so glad that you are feeling a little better Suzy and I'm so glad that you are Smokefree you've got this quit firmly in your grasp and you are going to remain Smokefree one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time so each evening you can look yourself in the mirror and say YAY for another Day WON.....

MartyO

Happy you are feeling BETTER!!!!!!

Have a great SMOKEFREE day!!!

sweetplt

Ah hon I am so happy you are feeling better...for a while there will be good days and bad days, we call this the roller coaster, but eventually it is good ... Life without the smokes...seems you already are experiencing these moments Stringbean Suzy...Keep close to the support site and keep taking care of YOU and YOUR QUIT...Happy Thursday Colleen 465 DOF 

Maki

Good news . I agree ... the little successes and encouragement give us hope and encouragement . Stay connected to the community if you find it's helping ... don't wander too far from the shore ... giving back also helps and it helps both giver and receiver .  

Its nice to get that reprieve from quitters flu and when our head thinks more clearly  so happy you are feeling better . 

Great job and congratulations on another day smoke free .  

elvan

SO PLEASED that you are feeling better.  What a great trip you are on.

Ellen

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Fantastic, Suzy!!! Thanks for sharing your progress. I'm glad making the pledge is a source of strength for you! Keep it coming.

0 Kudos