cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ohkayt

The urge is strong

Today has been annoying to say the least. Everything is getting under my skin. I'm trying so hard to not let it show or take it out on others. I'm been trying so hard to not let it read on my face. But even just the simple waiting in line for my lunch had me erked. I know this is normal. And I know picking up a pack wont do any good. But damn it's hard to stay away from the gas station today. Just needed to vent and get the aggression out somehow. So I came here. 

8 Replies
Barbscloud

That's the right thing to do.  We've all been there, so we're proof you can do it too.   Try and get somewhere alone and just let it out.  It's good for your soul and your quit.   You're a success, so keep moving forward.

Barb

Maki

Good job coming here . That's a great move. 

Talking it out is a good move . 

This too shall pass and as long as you don't smoke there will never be another day 1 .  It's not worth it to smoke,  so you may as well get through this ok .   Great job coming here to get support from your friends. What differently could you do rather than giving smoking thoughts power ? Can you take a walk , a jog , walking is helpful .  You could .....U decide, you know you best . 

Distract  , delay , discuss, take some deep breathes of that awesome fresh air , drink some nice fresh cool water or water with lemon , don't smoke .

Are you familiar with H A L T  ? Craves sometimes are a result if really not craving a cigarette at all ... are you hungry , angry , lonely , tired . There are solutions and all better than smoking . 

You are doing a great job , keep going 

maryfreecig

Hang in there. Definitely vent away right here. Understood--you are aggravated, keep pushing forward one step at a time.

Ohkayt

Hate to sound so negative.  But that is just how I feel today. Tried to do some yoga. Got frustrated about half way through my practice and stopped. Ate my dinner and am still short fused in every step today. Going to go to bed super early and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Barbara145

Tomorrow will probably be a better day.  You are doing great.

sweetplt

Hoping today is a better one for you...let us know how you are doing...~ Colleen 465 DOF 

Ohkayt

Today is ok so far. Thanks for keeping me in your mind. 

elvan

Glad today is better.  Please try to remember that you had those kind of short tempered days when you smoked too.  Smoking did not magically fix things.  Coming here and venting is a wonderful choice and you will get stronger and stronger as you keep going.

Ellen

0 Kudos