cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Healthy2020

Day #3 the hardest yet

So far today has been the worst. Cravings are coming strong and minutes apart and have been since I woke up. I'm shaking and on the verge of tears. I'm not caving.  I went and worked out, staying busy, and deep breathing.  I feel like this addiction is throwing all it has at me to break me. It's making me mad at the cancer sticks and the companies that make them. I refuse to give them another penny of my money. I am fighting back with all I have in me.  Is this a normal progression of the withdrawal process? 

13 Replies
shashort

Hey girl Healthy2020 pat yourself on the back for doing this quit thing.  What your going through is normal at this stage of your quit.  It takes 3 days to get rid of that nicotine in your body.  This one one of the hardest things I set out to accomplish in my life, but not impossible and very doable to quit. I am at 1397 days and you can get there too. Be patient with yourself.  Good for you refusing to give in to that nicotine call.  Stay strong!  Shout scream and kick NOPE NOPE NOPE!  Tell youself NO MATTER WHAT I CAN DO THIS!!  Drinks lots of water, stay busy, just don't give in.  Stay close to us and holler if you need us. Stay determined to win this battle.   Just know each day you get through without Nico dude, the easier it gets to resist it.

Barbscloud

Yes this is normal.   That's why it's so important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction.   If you know what to expect on your journey, you can be prepared.  Hang in there.  You're doing great.

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search... 

Barb

MartyO

NORMAL!

Be strong...fight through the craves...they will become weaker and weaker.  

You GOT THIS!!!

maryfreecig

Yes, totally normal. Keep plowing forward. Yes you can.

YoungAtHeart

Totally normal!  One of the reasons I quit on my very first attempt was because I NEVER wanted to put myself through those early days again!  Just get through them the best you can.  Better days are coming!

Nancy

PastTense

Day 3 is a BEAST.  THe last of the nicotine is leaving your system and screaming at you to feed it.

Sounds like you had a good plan in place and followed.  So much wise.  Good job

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
sweetplt

Very much a part of the withdrawal...on my day 2, I cried in the shower till it hurt.  Hang in there...you can do this...keep close...~ Colleen 463 DOF 

minihorses

I had similar withdrawals. I was so sick it was worse than the flu. I slept a lot because my head hurt and was spinning so bad I wanted to throw up.  This lasted for two weeks.  It will go away I promise and I'm sending out prayers that it stops soon for you.

Maki

How are you doing ? 

Tomorrow this day will be past history .. Hang in there.  

Maki 

0 Kudos