cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bullethead

No Hurry!

(Received a flyer in the mail related to this site.)

Heavy cigarette smoker for thirty eight years. Quit, completely, nearing 7.5 years past, with the aid of electronic nicotine vaping devices. Always have mix my own vape-juice, the 30 ml. mix currently runs me $0.71 (pennies). I have continued to reduce my milligram Nicotine strength at 0.1 a month since the beginning. Now, near turning sixty years of age, I'll be at 8 mg. of Nicotine, at which time start dropping 0.2 mg. a month.

Quit date is set, August of 2023. "Three and a half years off. Will I miss the fix? Most likely not."

I don't like the negative association of Vaping (Nicotine) with other form of tobacco use. I been there and know first hand. I found the perfect method (that is working for me) to withdraw from Nicotine dependency.

Does this web-site have a better method than my current plan (mind set)?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Barbscloud

Sorry no one has responded yet, but I'm not sure what to say.   2023 is a long way off.   Have you considered quitting sooner?   Vaping is certainly not good for your health.  I understand the process of weaning yourself off the nicotine, but it would seem you could do that in less time.  Make the commitment for your health.

Barb

Bullethead

Hi Barbscloud, and "Hi" to other members. I had been shooting for a quit date near end of 2026. (That would be a reduction of 0.1 mg. nicotine every month.) My apology now, for any that fall for the hipe from the medical field and the media that scorns nicotine as the Devil. It's not nicotine, it's the way we been putting it in the bodies. Yes, nicotine isn't good on our cardiology system. The FDA allows many products that aren't good for the body, yet the masses indulge.

In response to considering a quitting my nicotine earlier? I currently have no desire, which will in time change. A commitment for my health? My health is better than the majority in their 40's... no... 30's... no...

I do hope everyone will succeed in their goals. Find what works for you and stick with it. If you have a slip don't kick yourself.

Edit: My nicotine dependency will stop ten years since first vaping. (August 2022)

0 Kudos
intervention

Most people I work with do the same as you, tho most drop their nic level a lot faster than you. Keep going!

0 Kudos
Bullethead

Switched from one vice to another. I've decrease my mg. near 1.0 mg without withdraws. I'll be quitting nicotine sooner than expected, it's just getting into the mind fix as to when. Tried all the form of FDA approved nicotine cessation aids with the exception of the brain blocker. Nothing has worked as well as vaping. IMHO, As to any able to continuing vaping with no nicotine is wasting of time.

0 Kudos
Maki

Everything works if we work with it , there is no magic bullet to quit by itself . It will take hard work from you . 

I tried everything too  , nothing worked , wrong ,  truth was everything worked , I did not . I looked for excuses to smoke longer. 

Nothing has worked as well as vaping ? Want to be quit in two or three years ? No hurry ? I think you may need to rethink that down the road , hopefully before it's too late . So many of us were scared to let go ... we thought we could be in control , but again that's a lie , until we quit smoking / vaping those things are still in control of us .

Please remember smoking , vaping , kills from the inside out . Most of us never want to see or acknowledge that , instead we keep smoking / vaping , waiting for the obvious . You know .... the smokers cough or the scan looking for cancer .  Every puff does damage somewhere , be it smoking or vaping . Imo vaping was never made for the purpose to help anyone be healthy . You may find it helpful to read about smoking sales tactics . Why vape was really introduced to the market and sold . How flavours attract people , how a twist of words can fool people . 

Can you imagine what three more years might do ? That's what scares me in your post .  I'm not a vape user so maybe I don't understand your method but also I find it hard to know how to support one still wanting to vape three more years . It does sound like your have a plan though so hope it works for you . I also hope you change your mind and quit sooner before the damage is done . You are worth the amazing freedom from this addiction. Vape companies are not in a hurry for you to quit either .

Just wish you could experience the same freedom today ( not in three years time ) that other vaper users who are now quit have . But if you say two , three years , guess we have to wait to hear about that amazing feeling it will be for you and likely the same words we all have said ... " if I knew how easy and how worth it it would be , I would have quit sooner " 

Yes im being a bit harsh I suppose , but it's not to judge or critize or tell you what to do , it's your quit , but it is out of genuine care and concern to not see another good person takin in by the lies of addiction . 

Maki 

0 Kudos