cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ohkayt

Day 4

I am doing really well with cravings. I have been eating a little more than usual so that's my next adjustment. But i have been hitting a serious wall around 3pm just exhausted. I've been sleeping ok even with the extremely vivid dreams. But for some reason I am ready to go to sleep at 3pm the past few days. I know tiredness is one of the things that happen but I didnt realize it would hit me so hard and so fast. 

9 Replies
sweetplt

You are doing great Ohkayt Congratulations on 4 days of Freedom...if your body feels tired, maybe it is wanting some extra rest...remember our bodies are healing from all the chemicals we have put in them...Hang in there it does get better, right now You and Your Quit are the most important...~ Colleen 457 DOF 

Kdot1st

Congratulations. We have similar quit dates. My Day 4 was Monday but I slipped & have 4 puffs at 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. So today I was back to Day 1.

I always take a nap about 3:30 anyway so no idea if it's normal or not. 

I believe someone told me that some people don't wear their patches at night because of vivid dreams. Not sure if you're using patches or not. Just passing on information just in case. 

I'm not a whole lot of help but since we're kinda in the same place we can be quit buddies. Lol

Congratulations on your quit. You can do it. 

Ohkayt

Thank you! I'd be happy to be quit buddies. I am using patches, because it worked for me the last time I quit. I've been eating way more tonight. And chomping on gum like crazy. Triggers are rough tonight. About to head to bed so I dont go buy any smokes. I get on this site and post or read others posts when I am craving. It seems to help knowing I'm not alone in this journey.

Did you get rid of all of your smoking equipment? Ashtrays, lighters, any packs hidden away? It seems easier knowing I dont have any of that anymore. I also posted on my social media so my friends and family would hold me accountable. My coworkers also know and have been pretty helpful. And a slip up is ok, dont let it detour you completely. Just pick back up with your quit and know you're doing better than you were before the quit. 

0 Kudos
Kdot1st

Lol, you already have me figured out. My slip up was a couple butts from an ashtray I had neglected to empty. 

The 1st 4 days before that I chomped on stuff most all the day. Yesterday & today not so much. I have no idea why. Also my desperate thoughts of wanting a cigarette have been almost nonexistent. Yesterday my patch fell off about 8 & I didn't  replaced it until this morning. 

I really hope it lasts. 

Hope you have a good sleep. 

Ohkayt

We've got this! Something someone on here told me something really helpful. When you're feeling that craving just say to yourself I dont do that anymore. It seems simple but it's really been helpful so far. 

elvan

That's a great deterrent.  I used NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) because it was so short and easy to remember, eventually, I added NMW (No Matter What).  I will not tell you that it was easy but I will tell you that I had a pretty big incentive since I was just getting over pneumonia that almost took me out.  I have COPD now and the thought of a cigarette is horrifying.

I threw away lighters, ashtrays, my butt can that was outside, and I gave away eight packs of cigarettes from a carton.  There was one open pack that .was missing a few cigarettes, I put that one under the faucet and tore the cigarettes apart. It was rather cathartic.

Ellen

KikifromTexas

Fight the cravings.

Getting up and moving, going for a brisk walk, will help it pass. 

Barbscloud

Some quitters need to keep busy, while other's need more rest.  If that's what your body needs right now then do what's best for your quit.   Big congrats on 4 days smoke free.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

If you can, do take a nap.  Your body is working extra hard in the background to heal from all the damage done, and at least some of the energy you had when you smoked was false, created by the nicotine hit.  Your body will adjust to life without it in time, and your new normal will appear - but be patient until that happens.

On to Day FOUR!