cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maki

Doggie headache

My grandog ( love her so much ) is sitting here with an ice pack on her head . Poor thing took a leap for the couch and whacked her head on the heavy heavy glass coffee table . Ouch !

She hit it so hard she lifted the glass not too mention left her with a doozy of a bump on her head .. ( she is under close watch ). 

This poor thing , what a trooper . She has severe allergies which need attending to every day and has chronic yeast infections , but she never complains and if tended to everyday is quite under control . It took work on our part to find the right food , find the right non prescrip meds and the right shampoos , but from where she was a few years ago oh my gosh she looks so happy , so content other than hot spots on occasion easily controlled now , and healthy . She is just grateful for the love and I know grateful she was brought to a family who takes care of her like their own child.  She just is the best cuddly dog ever . Many would have put her down . 

My kids are awesome pet owners and I'm so grateful . I am one lucky grandma to be her babysitter for a few days .. she is the best thing ever ! She lost her buddy a year ago , another love of my life , and we lost my other grandog several years ago to cancer when he was just six . He too was brought to us at a very special time in our life and taken too soon , but his job was done . 

Why am I sharing lol I have no idea ... perhaps to tell you if you own a pet they are so grateful you are smoke free . That's it's worth it to them too .

When I think I could be on the deck blowing smoke out my mouth into her face and fur making me sick and her ,  I'm grateful for my smobreity . She's got her walking shoes to protect her feet from the grass allergies and I got my walking shoes to help me with my lungs , and together we walk ... but for today I think I'll just spoil her here on my lap . 

Tags (1)
7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sounds like a PLAN.  How lucky she is that she has such a caring grandma......and one who smells good, too!

sweetplt

Oh Maki I hope your grand dog feels better today...I could never have children, my pets always my kids ...so I know when they hurt, we hurt...keep us posted on how she is doing...Colleen 

Maki

Thanks , she is just fine . A little stunned and I'm sure she was wondering how in the heck did that happen ....of note glass coffee tables are not kid proof , adult proof , pet proof or safe .  For sale and sold to the first offer with that warning lol . 

Thanks you two for your kind thoughts. 

Barbscloud

Our pets are the best.  It's been my experience with dogs, that they got some pretty hard heads.  So hopefully all is well.

Barb

Mward90

I hope the bump on the head is feeling better and I'm sure she is having a blast with her grandma!  My babies love going to grandmas, she spoils them rotten.

jmuzik

Thank you for giving me insight as to how our selfish smoking habits have affected not only our health but very living creature in our homes.  I noticed my 15 yo Chihuahua is coughing less since I quit about a month ago.  She has multiple health issues such as a heart murmur (common in small dogs), congestive heart failure, and a collapsed trachea. She has been my constant companion for many years.  I was so wrapped up in doing my own thing of smoking, I lived in denial about how my stinky habbit affects my whole home.  I am repainting my home to help get rid of any lingering stench.  Sure helps to keep my hands busy.

Cousin-Itt

I'm glad you are looking out for her and hope she is OK. They also take care of us in their own way,  

GoGo  would lay gently next to Joyce's stomach when she came home from the hospital.