cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ohkayt

Day 2

So far day 2 has been good. I am at a new job that I got after setting my quit date. So I never smoked during work. But I'm on lunch now and notice my triggers as I am sitting here. I'm noticing how bad my car smells, so I got air fresheners. I did have to take some tylenol because my head was starting to hurt. And I'm using the patch so I'm noticing my arm hurts, which is strange. I'm thankful for a place to talk about this journey when I'm feeling cravings. 

6 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on day 2.   Can you go for a walk on your break?  Did some research--couldn't find anything about arm pain, only skin irritation.  Off to a great start on your journey.    Stay close.

Barb

Maki

Congratulations on day 2 . That is awesome . I agree when we sit idly triggers like to invade our thoughts ... keep busy walk like was suggested if you can . Some have used fidget spinners or rubics cubes .. make paper airplanes lol ( just kidding ) would be fun though .. just let them know your going to feel crazy a while to join in the fun .... 

maybe during lunch break or after work go clean your car , get some nice cinnamon or orange scents going on . Bottl s of water , with ice cubes ? 

You are doing great , keep going .

johnnyRingo5

Congratulations on Day 2.  You are doing great.

Ohkayt

Work was easy. Lunch was a little harder. Same triggers. But I'm not feeling too shabby as of now. I eat really healthy so I bought myself some cookies to congratule myself at the end of each day. About to workout and I'm thinking of starting a book to keep my mind and hands busy. Thanks again for the support!

Barbscloud

Reward yourself.   It's important to celebrate the success!

Barb

sweetplt

Congratulations on Day 2 of Freedom...on to Day 3...whoo hoo...at lunch can you go take a walk, do a puzzle book or on line, etc., hang in there, it gets better...Colleen 456 DOF