cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome Newbie @tangerine11

@tangerine11 is terrified.  please take a moment to welcome Tangerine11 . Hi! I’m new. I’m terrified. Lol 

4 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s Tangerine11 ... Of course you are terrified...we all had that feeling when we quit smoking...I think if we didn’t we would have quit long ago...You can do this...I suggest you take some deep breaths and read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX where you will plan your quit date and learn about how you will plan for that day and your quit like no other.  I found planning and knowledge helped me in this quit...also, gritting my teeth and finding other healthy activities in place of smoking, here is a list to get you started.../blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=6... Lastly, rid all smoking paraphernalia and come here for support and to encourage others along this journey...you can do this hon, we are here to help you...get working....~ Colleen 449 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

Hello and Welcome Tangerine11  Nothing to be terrified of course it's normal to be.  You are in the right place to quit.

Lots of great friendly people here with great knowledge as sweetplt has given and we are all willing to help you. 

You can do this

Carl  1,297 DOF

Barbscloud

Welcome to the ex Tangerine11   It's normal to be afraid.  Smoking has become a major part of our lives since we smoked our way through  most activities and emotions.   I alleviated my fear this time when I realized I could smoke tomorrow if I choose to.  It's one day at a time and tomorrow is  new day.  So don't think about forever right now.   It's too overwhelming.  Educating yourself about nicotine addiction and creating a quit plan builds the confidence you need to be successful.   And this community is here to support you on every step of your journey.   Pick a date and stay close.  Just reach out anytime you need encouragement,

Barb

Strudel

Welcome to the best support site Tangerine11‌. Stay close!