cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Stringbean

I QUIt

I finally quit yesterday. I know I am in for some battle but I for the first time am determine to quit...

11 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Congratulations on quitting Stringbean It takes determination and knowing what to expect and do is essential. Read and learn as much as you can Post and ask question and for help when ever needed. Take it a step / day at a time 

Quitting is doable let us help you

Stringbean

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Hello and welcome!  I have no idea why no one else commented yet, but I hope you've been on the site reading and working your way around here.  There's lots of education to search and learn.  Use the search tool for things like withdrawal symptoms and things to do to distract yourself. It's important to have a plan!

Stringbean

I will read all I can and educate myself. I have 11 grandchildren that want their memaw here for them.

Barbscloud

Welcome and congrats on your 3rd  day smoke free.   Sorry we missed you're post yesterday.   Posts get pushed off the front screen by other posts.   I hope you've been reading about nicotine addiction and created a quit plan. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  If not, it's not too late.   Knowledge and preparation can make your quit more doable.   And thes support on this site has been key for many successful quits.  Just reach out anytime you need help.  We're here to support you and want you to be successful one day at at time.

Barb

Stringbean

Thank you Bard. This site is a good place I go to when I get stressed.

0 Kudos
Turnips

Congratulations stringbean on quitting this addiction and joining this community. Read all you can and utilize all the advice/ support offered here! I am still new on this quit (11th day), and I agree it does feel like a battle at times...but it is totally a winning one. Lots of folks on here that have won and are here as wonderful resources and inspiration. You are already doing this and can continue to not smoke! So many more wonderful ways to spend time rather than sucking on burning paper.

Stringbean

Your right about sucking paper. I'm saving half my old smoke money to buy paint to get rid of the smoke smell. The other half the have a little smoke free fun.

0 Kudos
Maki

How is it going Stringbean

0 Kudos