cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

alissastump

I Can't believe it!

It has been 14 days!  14 days,  that's two weeks.  It was a nightmare,  but it actually flew by, just in the blink of an eye. It was here and the next thing you know,  it's gone! 

14 DOF.  And yes,  I do feel much better.  I think the best piece of advice that I got here was to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.  (How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.)

My evenings are still the worst.  No matter how good my day is,  my evening is always worse.  No matter what kind of distraction or other tools I use,  my mood just seems to take a nose dive.  But I'm really looking forward to the weekend and some time for rest and relaxation. 

Thanks for all the encouragement these past 14 days!

13 Replies
sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gifWhoo hoo to 14 days of freedom alissastump ... super job ... keep working at it ... try different things in the evening...eventually you will find that thing that helps you feel better in the evening with your quit.  I am so proud of you, YOU be proud of YOU too...Colleen 445 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 2 weeks smoke free.   That's an accomplishment to be proud of.    You're doing the work and it's paying off with success.  

Barb

Cousin-Itt

alissastump‌ 14 days is great.  Take a evening or two and make it special. Do something you enjoy doing to break you normal weekly evening routine. I still practice just 1 day at a time. or one step at a time

Enjoy your smoke free weekend

Carl      DOF 1293

YoungAtHeart

You made it through H#ll AND Heck Weeks!  That is a BIG DEAL!

Congratulations!

Keep doing it one day at a time - and don't forget to reward yourself with the money you have saved!  That's important, too!

maryfreecig

Great work! You did it. Congrats on 14 and keep it coming. As long as you don't smoke your brain will eventually give up making  it difficult for you in the evening. Right, one day at a time does get the job done!

Strudel

Way to go - congrats on 14 days! 

elvan

Look at you GO, CONGRATULATIONS!

Ellen

Gai.C

Congratulations on 14 days of FREEDOM and Sobriety.  Celebrate today u deserve it. Quitting is hard work. 

0 Kudos
Turnips

And today you are probably at 15 DOF!!! You have a great attitude about how the "nightmare" kind of "flew by." I am right behind you and pretty much agree with that sentiment. Anyway, 15 days is quite an accomplishment, and I hope you do give yourself a pat on the back and a little reward!

Val

10 DOF