cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

This Is Why

~~Nobody else really knows the stories we face every day.  The stories we shed and leave behind.  The new stories we dare to live our days trying to create for ourselves and our babies.  The ghosts we have to shake off time and time again.  That's why you've got to love yourself, darling.  Because only you can ever really know just how brave you are, only you know what you have to face every day; what you have to wade through in order to have the sun kiss your brow as you make yourself walk up that hill again and again.  So stop giving yourself a hard time.  You are made of what all heroes are made of.~~  S.C. Lourie

I just had someone ask me why I push 'loving yourself' so hard.  Especially on a quit smoking site but even in my 3-D life as well.  Because, yes, even here at work I say things like "Be Your Own Hero" and "You deserve your love and respect". 

Because no one else truly knows your stories.  No one else knows how broken you've felt yet carried on.  No one else knows your courage, your strength, your wisdom in facing what you have to face each and every day. 

And it's not that people don't care.  They do.  Especially here!  But they aren't you and they will never know what it takes to be you.

So love yourself.  Accept who you are....the flaws, the faults, the mistakes, the talents, the skills.  And in each piece of what makes you you, find the peace in that.  Because all those little character traits that you may hate?  Together, they create what the universe needs so badly.....the you who is meant to shine.  And you can shine your brightest if you are ok with who you are. 

So stop hiding those thighs   Stop apologizing for not being perfect.  Stop analyzing why you aren't more.  And just love yourself.  Simple and so very, very vital.  Just love yourself.  The rest will come.  Easier.  Slower.  More peaceful.  Because that's what loving yourself does for your world.  You may even be able to quit smoking

And that's why I push loving yourself.

8 Replies
Cousin-Itt

I totally agree. Once you can truly accept yourself the good and bad your outlook on life changes for the better,  

Marz727

Beautiful post! Thanx

elvan

WOW, I just finished your last blog and this one is even more on point.  I always need to be reminded to love myself, somehow, I seem to be able to love everyone else.  It's part of my journey and I slide backwards quite often.  Thanks for the reminder, Sheri.

Hugs,

Ellen

Christine13

What a beautiful blog Sheri!!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

This is a tough one for me Sheri...I always find a lot of fault with me...hubs gets so upset and reminds me how many people, including himself love me...but I say I have to love myself, he agrees...I start my day this way, but it is hard work...hah reminds me of quitting smoking...some habits are hard to zap...Happy Friday ... ~ Colleen 445 DOF 

SimplySheri

We are all a work in progress

0 Kudos
Strudel

You always inspire so many of us! 

0 Kudos
Turnips

Love, love, love this post! Learning and actively practicing self-compassion and acceptance is truly a big step toward having the lives we want. I am really working on practicing "loving myself" more consistently because it goes hand in hand with my goal of living a like of freedom from addiction! Thank you for the reminder that after we love ourselves, "the rest will come!"