cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CheriGrimm

I'm a grown ass woman!!

Ok.  So he's my deal.  My struggle.  I wasn't a major smoker,  about a pack every 3 days.  I'm telling myself I'm being stupid trying to make it through these thoughts and cravings when I'm a g a.w. and can smoke if I want to.  Losing site of benefits and reasons...  Why am I putting myself through this needless suffering?? Help me out my Ex Community!!

28 Replies
YoungAtHeart

If you quit in January, you are in the part of the journey we have called No Mans Land:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr....  The newness and excitement of your quit has worn off, and you are feeling discouraged you aren't THERE yet!  Take heart - what you are experiencing is perfectly normal.

Pull up your "grown-ass woman" panties and soldier on.  It WILL get better and easier - I promise - and SOON!

Just don't smoke!!!

Cousin-Itt

Yep you're a "grown ass woman"  so use it to your advantage and ask yourself What's Stronger You or a little useless piece of crap that is harming your body known as a cigarette.  take it a little at a time a day at a time and yes to repeat

YoungAtHeart   It WILL get better and easier - I promise - and SOON!

MarilynH

You are doing this quit and you're doing it one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time, deep breaths and believe in yourself because the longer you're quit the easier it will get it's definetly going to get easier and easier with time under your belt and it definitely gets better and better without the crutch of cigarettes so hang on tight to the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the gift of LIFE.....

elvan

You can do this and the question about why you are putting yourself through this is the addiction talking.  Smoking kills, it causes damage even if you only smoke a pack every three days, your struggle shows how strong the addiction really is.  No Man's Land is real and the journey to stay quit is a day at a time, a step at a time.  It certainly will get easier!

Ellen

Roj

I feel your pain...my demon used to say “you love smoking, it’s so relaxing and you’re not even smoking in the house so your not hurting anyone, this tastes so good with coffee and after dinner” then I found out I had COPD and was having a hard time breathing...hey you little liar, you forgot to say you’re slowly killing me...please stick to your quit, 1 cigarette will do just as much damage as 3 packs a day....it’s a carcinogen...even says so right on the pack, save your life and be a “gaw” that can breath without struggling....it sucks...

Gai.C

You're right  U are A.G.A.W.  one who is letting Something that is Killing U Control Your Life.  Would U let Someone who was hurting you continue to do so. The Answer is No. Then take back your Life. U are worth it. Remember if u are craving  come here talk it out. A craving Won't Kill You.  Embrace it That means you are Healing. 

sweetplt

I am praying right now you made the right decision and didn’t go back to smoking...1 cigarette ... 30 cigarettes...doesn’t matter they are all bad...You are a grown up ... make the choice to not feed the addict...Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 446 DOF 

GAWs can suffer in the short term for daily blessings in the long term. We gotcha. Keep stacking those days! You are almost out of the weeds!

AnnetteMM

HA! Funny! Like we have a say in the matter.

But let me ask you this one thing:  Are you still putting any nicotine in your body in any form right now?

Because if you're using NRT you might be causing yourself the suffering by being in constant withdrawal.

If not, and you're well past the physical withdrawal period, then the cravings are memories of smoking that you're being nostalgic about.