cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

I Knew I Could

I read a book yesterday. It stated to achieve success you need to work hard, How optimism and believing in yourself is a major part of reaching your goal. It's about being brave and keeping your eyes on the prize. Taking pride in your accomplishments and the benefits of a job well done.  Yes a amazing book. The cost of the book is minimal compared to other self help books.

It made me wonder. Since I am a addict did I make things harder than they should have been. how much of the simple little things in life have I missed out on because I was always stressing myself out even early on in my quits. Making things more difficult than they had to be. Why couldn't I just accept the things I was taught that I mentioned above and apply them to my life. Why as a addict did I wait so long to accept the simple. Like take smoking / drugs off the table   Just like a simple basic book that only takes a few minutes to read 

I had a tough time with KISS or Keep It Simple Stupid  OH the books name   "The Little Engine That Could"  by Watty Piper  

I bought it for my grandson BB yesterday for when he gets bigger 

Have a great everyone 

From Sunny Southwest Ohio

Carl

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
elvan

Great idea! Yes, we DID make it harder than it had to be. Love that book.

Ellen

sweetplt

Thank you for the share Cousin-Itt ... sometimes “it is what it is”...and everything eventually falls into place...

Have a beautiful Friday...~ Colleen 445 DOF