cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

catsalvano

11 days!!!

So it’s been 11 days - was so much better than last week but yesterday was brutal with wanting to smoke?!!!! I stuck to my guns though and made it through. Today is much better. I just can’t wait until the day I wake up and have the first thing on my mind be - we can’t smoke today. Just feels like it is the central focus in my life right now 

14 Replies
alissastump

I know what you mean.  It has been 13 days for me.  This week is much better than last week, but yet some days are very brutal.  And if I could just forget- even if for a short time- that I ever smoked/ don't smoke now,  things would be much easier....

Congrats on you 11 days!

catsalvano

Exactly!!!! I know I need patience but some days it’s just like - ugh!!!!! Awesome on your 13!!!

AnnetteMM

So tell me, what guns are you sticking to? And by that I mean, what's the self-talk whenever the brutal cravings hit?

Mine was smelling something wonderful. Really. I'd grab a fragrant candle, or burn incense, or pull a lock of hair around to my face for the shampoo smell.  Some people think about who would be proud of them for quitting. Or some other goal. 

catsalvano

Most of the time it’s deep breathing but sometimes - like at work when I’m seeing everyone go on smoke breaks - it’s practically like getting the shakes so it’s just white knuckling it at that point until it passes 

AnnetteMM

Work breaks are super tough. Gotta find something else to look forward to while others go outside.

Turnips

AnnetteMM, I used the tip of smelling the shampoo smell in my hair earlier this evening! It is a good reminder of a wonderful benefit to quitting smoking and really helps me to get through craves! 

AnnetteMM

YAY!!!!!

Barbscloud

Congrats on your 11 days smoke free.   You're early in your quit and there will be ups and downs.   You'll build strength and confidence as you move through your journey.   Stay close.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you have a ways to go before you can expect this not to be an effort.....

but that day WILL come.  You will need your patience, and your grown up pants - but that day WILL come and you will agree, I know, that it will ALL be worth it!

Stay the course!