cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Makes No Sense at all!

Who knows why - maybe stress,maybe uncertainty of life but I am having smoking memories today. One thing I do know is that I decided a very long time ago N.O.P.E. so I'll just stay busy until it passes. I have zero reasons for smoking! 

19 Replies
MarilynH

It really doesn't make any sense but those disgusting smoking memories creep up on us without any warming and there's no rhyme or reason why but thankfully with N.O.P.E and vigilance we're A Okay, whew Thomas I'm sending up good thoughts and prayers for you to have a Stressfree hasslefree day and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will be Smokefree huge caring hug coming your way......

Barbscloud

I believe it's important to share these thoughts.   Knowing that we may experience these "memories" , reminds us to remain vigilant.  I know some quitters never experience this, but many do.   Knowledge is power.

Thanks

Barb

sweetplt

Again This is a reminder to stay vigilant always....Thank you for sharing Thomas Thomas3.20.2010 

Have a good day...~ Colleen 442 DOF 

Maki

I am sending you a package of Ex strength from all your fellow quitsters here across the waves . There is much more power in that and comfort in stressful times than any of us will ever get from a cigarette .

Kick those thoughts to the curb Thomas , show them to the door , give me a good swift boot ...... your space is a smoke free place . 

I want to thank you for all your posts . Keep writing , keep sharing your story and your messages please . 

Strength your way .

My brother in law  always shared these words with me when I had such stressful times . He said said this too shall pass.. ( perhaps an A A saying I'm not sure ) but . I think of it often and it has gotten me through often , and it will pass . 

Change what you can ...

Find the good in today and write , write a gratitude , walk , paint , read , put on some of your fav music , post , go to a movie , a funny one , whatever you like to do . Take up a new hobby maybe .. ok I'm distracting you .. it's taken you 30 seconds to read my post or less if you've entirely skipped it , but you had to scroll so that  took a few ...  hope it's working and you are feeling better . 

Thank you for all you do here btw. You make a difference I can tell in this community . They are lucky to have you . 

No way!

I won't smoke! 

Going to the Dr. to follow up on my recent surgery. Then I'm going to do some chores

NanKath

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and so proud of your strength! NOPE gets me through some tough days, but quitting smoking is like losing a best friend. When I try to put it in perspective, we don't even carry our best friend in our pocket, but we sure did carry those nasty sticks everywhere!! I give myself grace for being lonely at times but never give myself the option of lighting up. Don't know if it helps anyone else, but it helped me to write it out on here. Grace to all!! I'll be 6 months free next week!

Congratulations NanKath‌! 6 Months is terrific! Thanks for sharing your experience, strength, and hope! 

YoungAtHeart

It helps me when those thoughts creep in to follow them through to conclusion:  to the awful taste, and then the burning in my lungs, and then the hacking cough as my body reacts to the poison - and THEN to the money wasted, and the time wasted, and my health jeopardized, and then the ADDICTION - one is NEVER enough.

You are romancing that cigarette  - it is nothing like that romantic remembrance.  Try to remember it ALL!

Glad you came here!

green1611

You are spot on !

There is no reason to smoke.. Keep the enthu ongoing. You are on winning track.

All the best !