cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bnoq

Reaffirming my quit

That's what I told myself I was doing when I smoked again. I didn't even like it. I was out of nicotine gum. The lady I live with enabled me by saying u really want to go back then your back so I smoked the rest of the day then haven't had one since. I think this was the 9th of February. I just put a hold on that Allen Carr book with the library...no more fines at library's...isn't that cool! Anyway I was just seeing what's going on. If anyone wanted to chat.

5 Replies
sweetplt

Glad you are back in the journey and quit...Hang in there and keep close to the support site....Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 442 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Tough love alert!

I hope you will take the time to really understand this addiction before you head into your next quit.  SO glad you have decided to read the Allen Carr book - and hope you will do some reading here on the site, as well.  You need to understand and accept that there is NEVER "just one" to an addict.  It will always, maybe not right away but ALWAYS,  lead to another and then another until you are right back where you started - a full-time smoker.  It is the law of addiction.

Your housemate gave you permission, but you made the decision to smoke the rest of that pack. Next time  - check in with us BEFORE you make a decision involving a cigarette in your mouth!

Let us know your plans.  Let us help you get this done. 

Nancy

Barbscloud

Welcome back.   Take the time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create your quit plan.  Along with any aid you may be using, this does take a commitment not to smoke.    Reach out next time before you smoke, not after.  We're here to support you.

Barb

Glad you're back! Listen to advice above please.

0 Kudos
elvan

You have gotten GREAT advice, please tell the lady you live with not to do you any "favors" by enabling you.  You can't blame anyone since you are the one who made the decision to smoke but you CAN ask for support.  Do everything you can to make a plan and to have things to do instead of smoking.

Ellen