Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

msmatty1946

how hard is this going to be

i am 24 hrs in what should i expect or be looking for

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Cousin-Itt

msmatty1946‌  Being prepared and knowing what to expect makes the first week easier  

I hope this chart helps you out some. All kinds information here and on different sites.  Great crave buster looking things up 

You can do this

Carl

SuzyQ411

This is great, Carl! Had not seen it before. Thanks for posting, Gramps 🙂

0 Kudos

Be prepared for a bumpy ride! Remember that relapse just brings you back to zero. Take your quit one minute at a time. You can do this! In a few days it will change. It's sooooo worth it!

Maki

I think I'd like to add that there may be mind games , there may be tears , lots of emotions in the first weeks , there will good days and not so good days , maybe even some doubt , even wanting to quit maybe ... but see it through ..... you are not alone and can do it . 

Keep in mind not everyone is the same , not everyone's quit is the exact same but each of our quits have many similarities and if these things do happen for you remember you are healing and all these things are a normal part of quitting . 

You can do it . Glad you are here . You will love being an ex . 

MarilynH

How are you doing this evening msmatty1946? We're all here to help you through any rough patches that you may come upon.....

maryfreecig

You should expect to find a powerful loving community of quitters here at Ex ready to support you 365. You get  your quit done one day at a time. stick around, read, learn, blog, comment. Welcome to Ex.

avian3

I think it is different for everyone. You have up days and you have down days. I always found what helped me was to remember if I am having a particularly bad day that the chances I will have an extremely good day might follow, if not the next then for sure in the near future. That kept me feeling confident and no matter how hard it got I would never give up.

Barbscloud

Welcome and congrats on your first day some free.   I think that's the hardest day to make that commitment and stick to it.  Everyone is different, but there are common physical and withdrawal symptoms.  Here's one article on what to expect and you can also do a search on site.  Did you create a quit plan?  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   Taking the Daily Pledge is also helpful to keep you on track for the day.

Quit Smoking Timeline — What Happens When You Stop Smoking 

Stay close and reach out if you need help.

Barb

Swanbird

You have taken the biggest leap!  You’re doing it nothing is harder than starting the quit.  Good for you!