cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Two more done Elvan and Mark

First of all Happy Valentines Day to you all. Its frigid cold here in Ohio, single digits so I have been painting. I  did these in watercolor. Bad thing is I used my canvas which really not used for watercolor. Screwed up Ellen first go around by accidentally spilling paint over it so started over. Taking a break from paints for awhile and going to get some better quality watercolor paper, as I think it will help alot. 

Ladies first: elvan, this first one is the one that got thrown away before it was finished. Following is finished one on canvas that was prepped for oil not watercolor.....that was my first mistake. Lesson learned....

IMG_2323.jpg  <first one that got damaged before it was finished. I was liking it too

Next attempt:

IMG_2399.jpgIMG_2400.jpgIMG_2401.jpgIMG_2419.jpgIMG_2424.jpgI am going to do a little more work on bottom of Ellens tomorrow and will post changes then

And here's Mark, who I STIll cannot figure out why the @ thingy for him won't work for me! He was also painted on wrong kind of prepped canvas, but I was determined to make it work. Lesson truly learned.

fullsizeoutput_4ed.jpegfullsizeoutput_4ea.jpeg60333340808__F2CEB7B5-3A64-4CBF-A141-8311F378DAE2.JPGIMG_2418.jpgIMG_2425.jpg

Next 3 up are Patty-cake and OldBones-Larry and djmurray

I going to go fill up on chocolate now. Have a great weekend

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
24 Replies
Patty-cake

I’m am honored that you chose to paint me. I’m EXcited to see how it will look! Please don’t burn yourself out by painting too much. Take many breaks so you can enjoy all aspects of life. You most definitely deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone

MarilynH

You are such a talented lady and friend plus a fellow EXer and you are definitely EXtended family and a total sweetheart. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Maki

You have such gratefulness in your heart to do this for your fellow quitsters . Your gifted ... and such talent .. I'm so glad you don't smoke anymore . 

Maki 

Mandolinrain

Me 2!  May I add you to my list to paint???  I always ask permission first

You honor and humble me my dear friend. Creator watch over you always.

Happy Valentines Day !!

Sootie

These are VERY good Missy---the @ thing does not work for me either with Mark.

Mandolinrain

I have began to redo yours too....Yours is in Oil though so it will take longer

DonnaMarie

I love your style. You capture the people you paint so beautifully. 

You mentioned it was frigid where you are. We're experiencing such weird temperatures here in VA. I'm not sure winter is ever going to be the winters of yesteryear. So odd to be this warm in February. 

Donna

Mandolinrain

Thank you....Your on my list to paint also