cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

accord62

10 Years smoke free!!!!

Tomorrow February 9, 2020 will be 10 years since I quit smoking!  Also my Dad's birthday!!  Smoking took my Dad's life.  He had COPD, emphysema, a tumor in his chest.  I saw him gasp for air walking 3 feet.  He went in for a biopsy and while in recovery and went into respiratory failure.  he was put on life support so we could tell him good bye.  He passed away in 2 days.  Even after seeing this it still took me 1 year to quit smoking.  It was pretty tough but with the help of Prayer, Alan Carr's Easy way to stop smoking and this website I got through it!  I never crave a cigarette anymore. I feel so good now!   I am so thankful I had everyone on here to tell me how they quit and what helped them. Thank you to all of you!!!  To everyone quitting you can do this!!  We are all here for you with our stories and our tips on what we did to quit!!  Once you get through the tough part you will be so happy you are a Non smoker!  I often think why did I ever do that to my body!!  I hate the smell of smoke now and the smell of it on someone else.  You will feel the same way after you have become an ex!!  

41 Replies
Mandolinrain

That is Fabulous! Many congrats an a beautiful quit!

accord62

Thank You!!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

So happy for you..what a wonderful quit! And what an encouraging example for those of us who are still fledglings~ thanks for sharing you story!

accord62

You are welcome!   You can do this too!!!

green1611

Good story.. 

Same Day...

your Dad's remembrance for 11 years and

your quit smoking 10 years

Thanks for sharing.

accord62

Thank you!  He kept telling me I needed to quit when he was first got sick, so I thought that would be a good day!

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 10 year quit.

Terry

accord62

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY for 10 splendiferous Smokefree years and counting WTG, thank you for sharing your story about your Dad I'm so glad that you are living your Forever Quit.......