cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dnsmith84

The Patch

So day 2 here we go....but I'm on three hours of sleep. The patch gave me a racing heart and vivid, scary dreams. Does anyone else experience this? Or know if I should just pull the patch at night? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I have often read of exactly what you are experiencing.  The solution has, in fact, been to take the patch off at night and put on a fresh one in the morning  Be sure to change up your morning routine - get busy - while the nicotine has a chance to get back in your system.  You might go for a walk right out of bed, or come here and read, or march in place, or do a couple of sets of stairs, or work on a crossword, or play a computer game.  You should have extra time for any of this since you don't have to take the time to smoke one (or more!) cigarettes!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dreams

Heart Racing

Here are some search results with the symptoms you mentioned.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Racing heart and vivid dreams are a common side effect of the patch.  I removed the patch at night.  Congrats on your 2nd day smoke free.   Coming to the Ex in the morning is a good distraction.  Taking the daily pledge is the great way to get you day off to a good start.

Barb   

sweetplt

No ideas about the patch, but great job on choosing not to smoke on day 2...make another day won...~Colleen 428 DOF 

Pookweencess

I used the patch fir my quit but did not wear it at night.  I did the whole program and am now at 6 1/2 months smoke free.  My only advice is if you don’t wear it at nit be sure to put it in first thing omg the morning the craving meanies come on fast .  Good luck I am rooting for you 

0 Kudos
wells3007

When I 1st put on the parch I did have a racing heart but that went away. I did have very vivid strange dreams but to be honest I actually likes those dreams. Just found out be cause I will be hacing surgery I can't use the patch because of nicotine so now I am going cold turkey. I did use the patch for 6 days.

0 Kudos