cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lynnjoss

Scary Insomnia Day 1

HI All,

Last night on my Day 1 I had crazy, kind of scary mind racing.   I felt like I was totally short circuiting with weird random fast bizarre thoughts that I don't even remember today.....but they didn't start until I laid down to sleep.   I didn't use the patch and only 3-4  2 mg gum throughout the day.     Is this part of withdrawal?   It wasn't just agitation, it was scary!   

So far I'm almost through Day 2 and feel good!  Maybe Melatonin will help for tonight?   Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Lynn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Lynn lynnjoss we are not Medical Doctors so it would be hard to say, however, since you had your first day quit and weird stuff happening when you laid down it most likely is withdrawal.   I am not sure how long you smoked, but the body takes time to heal from all the chemicals put in it from smoking.  Any doubts, consult your medical Doctor...better to be safe then sorry...~ Colleen 426 DOF 

AnnetteMM

I can tell you that withdrawing from nicotine affects the brain synapses, so it's not surprising. When I stopped taking an antidepressant I got "brain zaps", which feel just like it sounds. I'd say that your nicotine withdrawal is most likely doing that. If that's what it is, it's gonna pass.

0 Kudos
green1611

Good to be prepared for such scenarios.  First day is difficult, and hence can not sleep. I had gone through such stage where I wanted to sleep, but could not sleep, during first few days.

So, I believe it is conscious and subconscious mind battling with each other.

Hope you can sleep better in coming days.

All the best!

0 Kudos