cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sammy838

NO MANS LAND

Hello everyone I'm at 117 days pretty sure im in NML and it's like starting all over! waking up wanting a cigarette, cravings through the day and nothing that I eat or drink is making a difference back to being angry again for no reason and being cold ass hell can't go out much so stuck in a house,stressed out getting headaches WTF.

But from being on help sites I know whats going on and hopefully this will go away soon just not soon enough

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Barbscloud

Big congrats on 117 days.  NML is a reality for many of us.  Knowing about it in advance really helped me get through that period.  Another part of the journey that results in us being non-smokers.  Stay the course and reach out if needed.

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 117 days of freedom.  It should be getting easier and another 3 months you will be well on your way to knowing you have got this. There are so many good blogs on the stages of quitting.  I have learned that what we think it is going to be is what we mayEXperience.  I did not focus on NML but stayed focus on the quit and not feed my brain with how hard things would be at any given stage.   I knew no matter what I was not going to smoke.  So in my mind the cravings were a waste of my time and I learned to just let it go instead of holding on to them in my mind. 

It is what's between the ears is what I was told. 

If you think it is going to be bad then that is what you more than likely will experience.  Here is a blog the may help you if you have not read Allen Carr's Easy  Way to quit smoking. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Breakinthechains-blog/2015/08/21/if-i-had-only-realized?com... 

Sammy838

Yes I printed out and read Carr's book loved it that got me this far but only had problems in the beginning then I was good with the white till just recently began getting the cravings and everything that followed with them in definitely not smoking again but my body don't want to hear that 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Just a little while longer!  Pull out those tools you used successfully early in your quit and put them to use again.  Change up your morning routine - yes, again!  Stay busy - yes, again!  Remember that slow/deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each, will get you past any crave.  Keep a cold bottle of water handy from which to sip.  Use those sugar free mints and gum again.  Don't argue with yourself about smoking  - you don't do that anymore.

You are almost THERE!  Stay the course!

Sammy838

Thank you 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations on 117 Days of Freedom...https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... remind yourself how far you came...and tell yourself NOPE...you know you are in NML...hang tough...~ Colleen 426 DOF 

Sammy838

Thank you

0 Kudos