cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennfire47

Quit date

I am still 9 days for my quick date and I haven't slowed down on my smoking I've been trying but but not able to cut back I'm smoking later in the morning but still smoking as much every day

3 Replies
5Jacks

Did you have a goal in mind for these days prior to your quit date? Are you using any nicotine replacement now?

0 Kudos
Jennfire47

I am not, I was thinking it would just keep the nicotine in my body and prolong the addiction kind of like suboxone does for opiates,but I could be wrong because this way isn't working

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Do you have a plan on how you are going to quit.  Have you read the suggested learning material. Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to read study review videos record your smoking, etc to have a better focus/guide on what you need to do to quit smoking., Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the to EX Community you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get the info that was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  

0 Kudos