cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge February 2020

pastedImage_1.jpg

Considering February is the shortest month of the year, it sure does have a lot of holidays!

• Chinese New Year
  • National Freedom Day
  • Groundhog Day
  • Valentine’s Day
  • President’s Day
  • Mardi Gras
  • My birthday
  • My son’s birthday
  • Ash Wednesday
  • Black History Month
  • American Heart Month
  • Chocolate Lover’s Month
  • National Bird Feeding Month
  • National Dental Month

Some fun facts about February:

1. February is named after the purification ritual Februa, which was a sort of early Roman spring cleaning festival. 
  2. In Old English, February was called Solmonath (Mud month) or Kale-monath (Kale or cabbage month). 
  3. February frequently occurs in lists of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language.
  4. The Americans have trouble with the word February too – last year, a press release from the White House consistently spelt it as Feburary. 
  5. Much Ado About Nothing is the only Shakespeare play that mentions February. 
  6. Before Julius Caesar’s calendar reform of 45BC, February was the only month with an even number of days. All the rest had 29 or 31. 
  7. February is the only month that can pass with no full moon. The last time this occurred was in 2018 and prior to that was 1999. 
  8. In the USA, the largest American sporting event is held in February, the Super Bowl.
  9. The birthstone for February is amethyst. The birth flower is the violet or iris. 
  10. The ancient Greeks believed that amethyst protected the wearer from drunkenness.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.
  • As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
656 Replies
Roller831

Hello February!  I am happy to take Barbscloud‌'s hand from January and pledge not to smoke today, NMW, while EXtending my free hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 955 DOF

EleanorRigby

Yippy... I am here to help start todays chain...  thanks for the hand rollercoaster..  Here's mine to the next person and I am am definitely an ex today... Gloria

Giulia

Here's to Kale/Cabbage Month and to Mud Month!  Nice Pledge Page Roller.  Thanks for your hand, Gloria.  I hold onto it and promise not to smoke, vape or chaw this day.  Stretching out my paw for the next Pledgling....

pastedImage_1.jpg  (5085 DOF)

MarilynH

I'll very happily take your hand Giulia and pledge to remain Smokefree while EXtending my free hand to the next person in line. 

Marilyn 2028 DOF 

Gai.C

MarilynH‌ I'll take your hand. I pledge not to smoke today or ever again. I offer my hand to the next Ex in line 

aboyd63

Good afternoon  Gai.C, I'll gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today and extend my hand to the next Ex's inline Have a great day 

Arlene  179 DOF

KellanC74

Good afternoon aboyd63‌. Arlene thanks for your hand and I pledge not to smoke today. I’m offering my hand to the EXer in line Kellan DOF 223 7 months 9 days 

Hank-Sky

Hi KellanC74‌   I'll gladly take your hand and pledge, I will not smoke today. My other hand is extended in support and friendship to the next who joins us ...... DOF 7 Years & 9 Days! Yay! Hoping everyone has a lovely smoke free day! 

Kkplayhouse

Happy February everyone. Thanks for your hand Hank Sky I pledge no smoking and offer my other hand to the next exer.