cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cyn7077

Day 6 pure hell

I actually had to sleep through day 6 . Anger set in . Knowing where the anger comes in helped . My cat somehow pulled a cabinet over with antique dishes in it . All broken . Cleaned it up and went to bed . I made it through but it was close . Never so glad to see a day end . I wanted one bad but stayed strong knowing I wanted to quit more .It is not easy but I will fight this with all I have .

11 Replies
AnnetteMM

I hope you also realize that a smoke would not have helped you one little bit. Anger, depression, anxiety, etc. are certainly all normal withdrawal symptoms. It's how we react to them that counts. Sounds like you are doing well with that. Keep up the great work!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

You are doing super Cyn7077 ...Anger is part of this journey...and bad days, but hoping and praying today is a better one for you...~ Colleen 424 DOF (Almost through Hell week) 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Good work.

0 Kudos
avian3

You did the right thing. Good for you!!

I don't have cats but I do have a bird that I put on top of a Highboy to keep her out of the way while I cleaned her cage. She decided to push an expensive vase off the top of it which hit me in the face causing me to have a black eye for 10 days. I was so mad!  What made me feel a little better was that the fact that she wasn't injured and it was just a material item that broke.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Hiding from the angst wins hands down over smoking.

You did GOOD!

0 Kudos
wells3007

Congratulations on 6 days without smoking. You are doing great. Smoking even one cigarette might have been enjoyable for the moment but you probably would have felt even worse afterwards for smoking. I am only on day 3 but the patches are helping me immensely so far. Stay strong!

0 Kudos
indingrl

Cool

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ya done good.  You just keep fighting it with all you have.

You know, as I've gotten older I'm learning to let go of those objects I have always considered precious.  Whether it's my mother's china or a special memento from my youth that I've kept - I've learned that I can't take it with me.  I don't have children and the younger family members that I do have could care less about any family history items.  And at 70 I figure the old folks home ain't that too distant.  Which means I will have to get rid 98% of everything I hold dear (materialistically speaking).  But what I CAN take with me is my quit and my attitude toward life.   I've also learned that everything breaks.  Even the pyramids break down.  Beautiful, irreplaceable objects.  And that's Life. 

I'm really sorry that your antique dishes were broken.  I know what that feels like.  They are irreplaceable and it hurts a lot.  But the memory of their beauty remains in your brain.  And perhaps those memories are carried with us as we morph into the atoms of forever. 

Please don't smoke.  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

In my sculpture phase, it took many iterations before I finally made the perfect fairy tale castle.  it was a challenge being 24" tall.  It had to be fired in two pieces because of the kiln size, and getting them to fit together with the varying drying rates and kiln temps was difficult.  THEN, the glazing had to match (I wanted it to kind of run down the sides!!!) but you couldn't glaze  it in one piece because the glaze would act like Crazy Glue when it dried and keep the two parts together.  It took three complete renditions and an entire semester of work to create the result I wanted. 

The final, perfect one sat on a table in my bedroom, on a floor length eyelet table cloth, with not enough room (I thought) for a kitty.  A huge CRASH informed me differently.  I surmise that when she jumped down, a claw caught in an eyelet hole.  The cloth went flying and the castle went to the floor - and broke into a million pieces.  I had not even a photo of it - but I was amazed that it didn't really bother me that it was gone.  Like you mentioned, I still have a vision of it in my head, and the joy of the process of creating it.  And I guess that is enough.

I find that strange!

0 Kudos