cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

Back With A Vengeance- 6 Months 8 Days

Fighting these cravings is really becoming annoying and taking up all my time.  I was actually doing okay - the cravings were there but we’re becoming less strong.  Now the last two days it has been AWFUL - dreams of smoking and intense non stop cravings.  This is becoming tiresome to fight- I have so many other things going on- my resolve is weakening - I just need this to stop being so hard!!! Posting here to stop myself from giving in- thanks for listening to my vent

14 Replies
sweetplt

You did the right thing Pookweencess You came here and vented...like Nancy Youngatheart always says,k a thought, a crave is not an action.  Maybe for once, just look at how you are feeling as temporary and no action required and soon it will be better.  You know if you are having these feelings, tomorrow can end up being such a better day.  Keep reminding yourself that no matter what is happening, you don’t handle anything in life with smoking, but on life’s terms.  Honestly, right this minute, I am sending a prayer out to you...Hang on to Faith...You got this, Happy Friday...Colleen 424 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Something must be going on in your life to make this still so difficult for you.  It might help if you identified and dealt with it.  Otherwise, pull out your tools and USE them.  Don't argue with yourself about smoking - change your mind's direction.  Go for a walk, take slow/deep breaths, call a friend, take a shower, march in place.  The addiction LIES - smoking now will taste awful and will cause you to have intense pain in your chest and cough until you almost hork up a lung! 

You have come too far to start over and I KNOW you don't want to do that - so just don't!

You did good to blog - stay close!

Nancy

Barbara145

Fuss all you want just Don't Smoke.  The only way out is through.  Hang in there.  It is so worth it.  It just takes time, give it time.  You are doing great.

Pookweencess

Thank you all for your support.  There is a lot going on in my life and I am sure that is what is causing these cravings- demon sticks were my stress reliever.  I am holding on tight to my quit and so APPRECIATE all of you and the love and wisdom you provide it really does help me to hang on

Barbscloud

Keep coming back!

Barb

AnnetteMM

If you've been nicotine-free for over 6 months, maybe what you're feeling is not cravings but nostalgia. Seasons change, holidays come and go, and we remember in our bodies how things used to be. Have you read https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/12/05/the-two-sets-of-seasons?sr=sear... ?  We have smoking memories for every single part of our lives. Memories are not cravings. You don't have to fight them.

Pookweencess

Sorry but they feel Luke cravings- I can physically feel the need to have a cig 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Awe your so welcome - GOOD JOB loving YOU and CHOOSING life NOT death

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing this evening Pookweencess?

11b2a269608a8dca3d52ad7facc7cd78.jpg