Giulia

Jive Platform Instability

Discussion created by Giulia Champion on Jan 30, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2020 by Giulia

I was just trying to give a new member information on how to send a private message.  And there are several ways to do that.  But none of them work consistently.  And that's a problem.  And it has been a problem since this site moved to the Jive platform.  I believe.  Or at least QUITE A WHILE.  Sometimes you can hover over an avatar/name and a pop up will present with the option to send a message.  Sometimes not.  Sometimes you can click on a member's avatar/name and be taken to their page and from there click on Actions and send a private message.  Sometimes you can't even get to a member's page by clicking on it.  Sometimes you can embed a video and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes the "reward" points system is working, sometimes it's not.  The "points" have broken down enough during the past several years that it's becoming no longer unusual, and this is not a good thing.  Let alone the computer moderating system which also seems to change - too often, frankly.  No one wants spam, but to have several times a year when content from members is suddenly moderated.... it's confusing to new members and not helpful

I, as a member, have a problem with all of the above.  And it's not a new situation.  This has been going on for quite a while to my mind.  It's annoying and confusing and not helping in our efforts to offer support here and probably not helpful to those who have newly joined and are trying to navigate the site and gain support.

So let me be very blunt - in my experience since the change of platform - the Jive platform for all it's bells and whistles is inconsistent, frustrating and confusing.  It is not, to my mind, serving this community well. (Though it may be serving those who need the metrics in a different arena.)  And I have been here since the inception of EX on the beautiful, simple NING platform.  If you listen to the comments from new members, many seem to be confused as to how to navigate the site.  (And perhaps I'm just seeing those comments and not all the others about how easy navigation is here.  Actually I've never read ONE comment about the ease of navigation.)  People looking to quit smoking need the easiest of possible ways to communicate.  

I, for one, am getting tired of hearing that Jive is "working on the solution."  How long does one wait until the problem is finally solved?  Years?  Apparently so, as it's already been several years since EX has been on this platform.

Just needed to vent.  Always grateful for the fact that we are provided with this site for free.  I never take that for granted.  But - I AM frustrated.  

Outcomes