cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

5Jacks

The Proof is in the Exhalation

I found this community only because I'm also taking part in a 5-week smoking cessation class that started on January 7th. The booklet they gave us is from Mayo Clinic and it referenced BecomeAnEX as a support source. Best decision I made (after deciding to quit smoking) was joining this group.

Anyway...during the first class, we all exhaled into the Smokerlyzer to get a carbon monoxide (CO) reading. There are only three of us in this class, but I "won" with the highest score among us at 17. This indicated that I was likely consuming just around a pack of cigs per day, which was right on the money.

I missed class last week when they tested again, but we did it today. Since I've been smoke-free for 11 full days, I fully expected my reading to go down, but I wasn't sure what it would clock in at.

And my reading was.....................

Happy, happy dance. My blood has more oxygen now!!!

UPDATE ON 2/4/2020:

Today was our last class. We did the Smokerlyzer again and this time my reading was.........

26 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Amazing what the body can do when we don't challenge its capabilities every half an hour, isn't it?  Glad you found out!!

Yeah for ELEVEN days!

meWisconsin

Great job on 11 days smoke free. Your blood loves you for giving it the oxygen it needs.

Keep up the good quit.

Terry

PastTense

Congrats, 5Jacks‌!  That's wonderful news.  How awesome to see measurable results from not smoking!

Keep the quit

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
sweetplt

Wow Amazing ... 5Jacks Glad you are now breathing more oxygen, I a great reason to keep the quit...Happy Wednesday, Happy Dance ~ Colleen 422 DOF 

Barbscloud

Congrats.  I also attended a smoking cessation class.  Good for accountability!

Barb

ExClipper

That’s great, that kind of positive feedback is important. I did a cessation program where they used one of those as well. It’s good, it keeps everyone honest. 

wells3007

Good job. Today is my 1st day of not smoking and I am considering going to a class also.

5Jacks

Congrats on your first day of freedom wells3007! I had never tried a class before and I think it helps in terms of accountability. The more weapons we have in our arsenal, the better chance we have of winning the battle to break free from this addiction.

0 Kudos
wells3007

Thank you. Actually yesterday my 1stbday with the patch was pretty easy.

Didn't smoke obe cigarette and didn't have the urge. I am not saying I

didn't occasionally think of cigarettes but not in the way as "I want a

cigarette". I'm sure all my days won't be as easy bit I am here for the

long haul.