cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

treycilima22

Day 1

Hi my name is Treyci I’m 22 about to be 23. I have starting smoking since I was 17 years old, after I ran away from my parents house because of family problems.  I remember smocking my first  cigarettes I was homeless and stress and depress I didn’t know how to deal it with or have someone to talk to. So one of my friends that was a smoker. I asked him for a cigarette and he give me one and when I lit it and took my first puff it felt good and less stressful after that I began to smoke more and more cigarettes and now I’m a heavier smoker So as today 01/23/2020 I decided I’m gonna try to stop smoking cigarettes but Im afraid that it’s not going to work. In the past I try to stop but it wouldn’t work. It was made me mad and depress and I’m craving for a cigarette. So my question is how do you control it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome the the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit at such a young age.  You're preventing many health problems in your future.  It's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  Knowledge and preparation makes it doable.  Decide if you want to go cold turkey, use NRT or a medication.  There's wealth of information on this site and on the internet to help with your decision.  Pick a date and make the commitment.   We're here to support you. You just have to reach out.

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s treycilima22 

I am happy that one so young wants to quit smoking.  I wish I would have quit at your age and saved myself a lot of health issues.  That being said, I recommend you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and read the blogs here on this site.  For me, preparation, knowledge and hard work were the keys to my quit.  You will have many feelings when you quit smoking, from sadness, depressed, mad, etc., you need to learn to feel these things and learn how to control them, that is a part of life.   You can learn to control or change these emotions by breathing exercises, meditation, exercise, etc., you must be creative in this journey...and learn new things to do instead of smoking.  Here is a list /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=4...  Come here for support and to encourage others on this journey.  Happy Thursday ~ Colleen 416 DOF 

0 Kudos