cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Swanbird

34 days

Im Feeling sad and alone.  I am going back to Florida and I can’t bring my pets and it takes me awhile to get adjusted.  I also feel like crying and I have had a few cravings.  I know this is no mans land and I’ve been expecting it.  It’s just a bummer.

10 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Swanbird ... I am sorry you are sad...are you going permanently? Who is taking your animals? Can you list some positive things about going to Florida? Sunshine, walks on the beach, etc., that might help you out...I want to say something that would help you out but I don’t know any of the specifics...I do know smoking won’t help anything, it will only make it worse...Gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen 414 DOF 

0 Kudos
Swanbird

You are correct Colleen glad you pointed out that smoking won’t help.  My son will take care of our two dogs and cat.  He lives with us.  I usually come home every few weeks I get so homesick.  We are living on our boat we brought it down the river system from

Chicago last year and thought it would be nice to use it as a floating condo.  And it is great!  It’s been a big adjustment with the smoking though lots of people drink and smoke.  I can handle not smoking better at home for sure.  One of my dogs is sick she’ll be okay but that’s why I feel worse.  So that’s my story today lol.

sweetplt

Oh bless your heart...I do understand...we have a condo in Florida and I take my dog with me...she goes everywhere with me...so I do get it...things had to work out this way or I went no where...hubs much happier now...it is good you have a family member to take care of them...that is a positive...I know Florida and Happy hour...yes many drink and smoke...I actually quit on 12/3/2018 and we were in Florida at our condo...I barricaded myself there for the month...came back to my home in PA and got sick for a few months by the time that was over...I was no longer ever smoking...since I come back and forth ... I have less smoking memories in Florida...so that has gotten better.   Hon, maybe tonight get a good nights sleep and tomorrow will be a better one...hopefully you can keep close to support site in Florida that will help...Sending out a prayer for you right this minute that you will feel better.  Gotcha in my Thoughts ~ Colleen 

indingrl

YOUR doing good and thank YOU so much for sharing YOUR feelings - - emotions with moods swings that are wild and torturous and swing way over to saddness to doom and gloom - DEEP sigh - I REMEMBER going through too - I am so proud of YOU - for riding these feelings out and being responsible for them and just letting them have their way and then getting ready to go through the next variety of feelings - which all happen in a matter of seconds - YOU did GOOD by NotOnePuffEver - N.O.P.E. - CONGRATS!!!!! YOUR staying a NON SMOKER through this TOUGH times - WAY TO GO

Barbscloud

Aren't you both fortunate that you can go to Florida (or anywhere) for periods of time.  So smoking doesn't need to be a part of it.  

Forgot, congrats on your 34 days.  Have a great trip.

Barb

0 Kudos
Swanbird

Fortunate in many ways but not all ways.  Many things get in the way that are not smoking related that make it less fortunate.  That’s life but still entitled to have feelings and emotions.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

My response was only about your trip.  I assumed this is something you enjoy and choose to do.  I totally understand about leaving pets.  We (and now me), didn't go anywhere we couldn't take the dog(s) with us.  

Barb

0 Kudos
Swanbird

Oh I know!  It’s not just the pets it’s many other things of course.  But the pets were with us the first part of our journey and my husband doesn’t want to bring them this part hence my struggles.

green1611

Hello,

Why so sad, if it is quit smoking, then you need to work on quitting internally.  You should feel joy and happiness while not smoked for so many (34) days! Take pride and be confident.

If it for dearest pets, see if you can meet them virtually.

I wish I can send happiness to you via wire transfer !

All the best!