cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cyn7077

Want to quit sooner

Does anyone think quitting before the date you set lessens your chance at succeeding ? Does it really matter when you quit ?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
sweetplt

No it doesn’t Cyn7077 I quit before the date I wrote on the site...I ended up quitting before Christmas 2018...I think when you are ready...you are ready and I say....” Go For it...” Happy Friday ~ Colleen 410 DOF 

Mysticcat

I think if you want to quit sooner that’s great! Motivation is key in quitting. Sounds like your very motivated. To go for it!!

congrats on your decision to quit! 

YoungAtHeart

You know when you're ready.  If you have done the reading, gotten your quit kit together, have thoughts on what you will do instead when you want to smoke and found ways you can change up your routines to reduce the associations and triggers, then GO for it!

I staked my quit date as the first day of spring. For me, having a date of significance was yet more reason to hold on to my quit.

AnnetteMM

Not only is it NOT a problem, I think it's just the opposite. A quit date creates a lot of anxiety, so like everyone said:  When you're ready, go for it!

Barbscloud

Whatever works for you.  We're all different.  If you plan, a quit date can be useful.  Having a quit date, educating myself,  and preparing for my quit worked for me this time.  I started my medication early as prescribed, attended a smoking cessation class, signed up for text messages from the Ex., cut down on a schedule for a week,  and I was ready when the date arrived.  

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I didn't set a date, I set a carton. After the carton was done, then I was with smoking. That is what worked for me. But I meant business, even if was uncertain of myself--how I'd hold up. When I quit, I meant it--and so I went into the quit ready to do a lot of things instead of smoke.

AnnetteMM

I did that, too!

No time like the present!

(As no time is better than any other time to Quit.)

Thinking a Future for Quit Date is just Junkie Mind thinking that only keeps you smoking longer.

That being said, prepare yourself with Quit Plan

Stock up a Quit Kit....

Roll up your slevees and jump!!!

Best decision you will ever amke for yourself!!!!

Get PUMPED to BUST FREE!!