cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Why do Some Blogs Show Page Numbers & Others Not

Jump to solution

I was just looking at this bonfire blog and in order to continue to the next page I had to scroll back up to beneath the original post, rather than after the last reply, as no page numbers or arrows were showing.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/celebrations-events/blog/2019/07/06/independence-day-bo...

On other blogs, if there are multiple pages, you can get to the next page by clicking on the arrow on the bottom after the last post, or on the next page number.

Is it perhaps because the comments were locked on the Bonfire blog?  If that's the case, it's a pity, because if you want to view each successive page you have to go through the trouble of scrolling back to the top each time.

But, no, this other bonfire has the page numbers at the bottom.  So I don't understand.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/celebrations-events/blog/2019/02/24/winter-bonfire-is-n... 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ I suspect your assumption is correct. I don't know why they did that but I believe your educated guess is correct. I don't know if it was a oversight or if it was intentional. Could be an oversight as the person who created the closed comments states might not have added the pagination in to the bottom of the template. If I remember correctly pagination was added later as I believe initially comments on blogs just kept loading and loading at the bottom infinitely.  It's doubtful that this will be changed if I'm being honest with you but definitely something to look out for if you're trying to read page after page of a closed blog. Good thing is you can tap the top of page link at the bottom and zoom up to the top.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ I suspect your assumption is correct. I don't know why they did that but I believe your educated guess is correct. I don't know if it was a oversight or if it was intentional. Could be an oversight as the person who created the closed comments states might not have added the pagination in to the bottom of the template. If I remember correctly pagination was added later as I believe initially comments on blogs just kept loading and loading at the bottom infinitely.  It's doubtful that this will be changed if I'm being honest with you but definitely something to look out for if you're trying to read page after page of a closed blog. Good thing is you can tap the top of page link at the bottom and zoom up to the top.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Mark.

0 Kudos