cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Why doesnt anyone blog anymore??

I try to get on here to see how people are doing or tobread other peoples quit stories and there is not a lot of new content. Ive been going back to read archived blogs that have helped before but new stuff would be neat!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PastTense

Hey, brittneyd.rice‌!!

I have been writing a blog everyday.  I challenged myself to 90 posts in 90 days and I'm on blog #40.

I see folks here nearly everyday with a question or problem.  I like to just hang out here because it reminds me that I am quitting, and why I'm quitting, and that I am not quitting alone.

I try to read every new post and either like it or add a response.

I know folks are busy and at work.  And writing is not easy

PT

Keep the Quit
PT

I read yours every day; they help me. I was on here years ago and there were about 50 posts a day or more so I was constantly occupied ... Just different now but im still here

PastTense

With Quitnet closing down, we'll probably get more people.  More people = more activity.

I am so very grateful to the long-time quit members who still post every day and comment on every post.  They are our soul.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

brittneyd.rice

I see lots of new blogs: Just Blogs

Or all content: All Content

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Thanks, I'll keep looking.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Speaking for myself only here - I've been on the site since 2008.  I've kind of said it all at one point or another in the past 14 years.  There are only so many ways you can say the same thing.  That's usually why I just put a link to some of my old content.  So that's the reason why I don't blog as much as I used to.  I spend more of my time responding at length on others' blogs and to questions.  I find it helps to keep my own support active and alive.  

I actually went back and read most of hwc's blogs again because he helped so much in 2009.... I completely understand after being here for that long. 

DonnaMarie

I used to blog a lot, but tend to go to conversations to interact now. 

Regardless of blogging or whatever I do, I have to come here and be a part of this community as it's an integral part of my quit. I wouldn't have made it this far without these good people, including you!

Donna

Day 395

JACKIE1-25-15

There are blogs every day,  There may not have many with the content or style you are accustomed to but they are quite a few each day. I'm not able to read or comment on them all. As for me,  I don't write as often because I truly prefer to have a fresh specific thought/message/incident instead of just writing a blog for the sake of writing if you understand what I mean. I am not sure how often you come on-site but if you are only here occasionally you may be missing them or have to go back and read some of the older blogs as you are doing.  They are good too.  Now we have a wider selection of areas for participation on this system, a lot of new members have different styles are geared to more activity type conversations, games, questions, etc. but still a large smorgasbord that no one should be bored.  No pun intended. Once you get accustomed to it it can be a blast. Hang tough, stay close never give up. Your input is always welcome.  Thanks for sharing. 

0 Kudos