cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Stage 3 COPD

24/7 oxygen 2 liters.

Frequent exacerbations - I'm in the hospital now.

Yesterday I was on 5 liters and 84% sats.

Anything less than 90 is bad. 84 is really bad.

What can you do?

Quit smoking

Quit smoking

Quit smoking

Take your meds please

Exercise

Stay away from pollution, smoke of all kinds, wind,rain and snow

Be good to your lungs -they work 24/7 to keep you alive and healthy!

LLAP

61 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am SO sorry, Thomas!  I hope you are on the mend and back home ASAP!

Nancy

Julie1960

I have COPD also praying for speedy recovery

Giulia

That's what I mean when I say "when you 'get it' you get it."  That's what I mean when I talk about education about this addiction and there are those who say education doesn't help.  Or "that's the party line on this site -  'education'."  Really?  I wish I could find that statement again, just to copy it as an example.  I GET IT loud and clear when you post like you just did about being in the hospital because you can't effing breathe!  It's not something that's "not going to happen to me" because I see it happening to you.  And I am a witness (albeit on a quit smoking site in the ether) to what you are going through.  And so I very much believe it CAN happen to me.  I GET IT.  And you are one of the reasons I do.  And I am so sorry that you have to be a teacher of this hard lesson.  And I am so grateful at the same time that you are such a great teacher.  And Larry is, and Ellen is and .... sorry to say, but too many here are.  I GET IT, Thomas.  And believe me, if there were ever a stupid thought that going back to smoking might be "fun," all I need do is think of you and your struggles.  I wish to hell Stacie did and Linda N and Terrie and...and... all those who have succumbed to this hideous addiction had paid enough constant attention.  Or maybe they did and the addiction is that clever?  I don't think so.  These were people who had STRONG, many-year quits.  I think they stopped paying attention.

I'd better shut up now.  You will get over this episode and regain your strength.  Because you are you.  You are Thomas.  And Thomas doesn't give up.  Sending love.  And thanks - because you care so damn much.

Keep preaching it.  Those who need to hear it may not want to hear it but they are hearing it I promise. 

Today was a wheezing kind of day due to the cold for myself.  

Thoughts & Prayers for a speedy recovery for you (and no further damage from the exacerbation!).  (((Thomas)))

indingrl

Thanks Thomas for YOUR excellent teaching from YOUR experience strength and HOPE - Live long and prosper to YOU too

sweetplt

Oh dear Thomas3.20.2010 I am so sorry you are back in the hospital...Your sick is not in vain dear man...I heed your warnings...and say NOPE...please please rest and know I am lifting you up in prayer to getting your numbers up...May God Bless you Thomas...Gotcha in my prayers and heart ~ Colleen 407 DOF 

Update- after massive steroids and nebulizers and antibiotics I am now on 2 liters holding at 92%, i.e. hoping to get home today! It will take another week to return to work. Thankyou all for prayers and thoughts!

ExClipper

Hope you are back on track soon. Not sure if you are aware but a pretty good resource for info is the COPDFoundation.org. 

MarilynH

Love hugs and a ton of good thoughts and prayers being sent up for you Thomas I pray that you feel God's loving arms around you.......