cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

2 days, 5 hours and 22 minutes

Not that I'm counting. Just laying here waiting for time to pass... Wishing that count was at day 7 or 8 and I felt a bit better.  This quit is different than my many previous attempts. This time, even when I am having a physical craving, I actually do not want to smoke; I never want to smoke again. I am done smoking... FOREVER! I already know it. I'm just waiting for my body to agree with that statement. You see, I've smoked for too long. My mother has severe emphazyma and COPD, I have 3 impressionable children, and I want to be healthy. This quit hasnt been hard mentally. Knowing I dont want to smoke makes a huge difference when my body has a physical craving. It passes... Another comes, and passes... Repeat. 

I am ready for day 4... See you all tomorrow.

11 Replies
sweetplt

Welcome to Ex’s and Day 4 of your journey...

I am so happy you are determined for this to be your last quit...Be sure to read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX ... also, keep busy ... and keep close to the support site.  We are all in this together.  I love your attitude...keep it going...Happy Monday ~ Colleen 406 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 3 days of success.  Keep that positive attitude going.  It will serve you well with being a successful quitter.

Barb

marciem

you're doing GREAT, brittneyd.rice‌ .  Knowing that a craving will pass whether I smoked or not was a HUGE lesson for me.  So many times, in the midst of one, I and others think it will always feel that crappy and never end.  But it does.  And the one and only way those craves will go away permanently is if you DO NOT SMOKE.  That was another big lesson for me, and took away that "oh, just one won't hurt, it will make it all better" temptation when those thoughts came around.

Don't worry about counting.... OH MY, I knew every increment down to the 10 minutes of divisions and multiples of 24 (a day) and counted them for the first three weeks...  The good news is, now I have no clue and don't think about "how long its been".

Keep on doing what you're doing... you're doing it well!!

YoungAtHeart

It really DOES sound like this can be your last quit.  I SO hope for you that it is. You can make it so.

I quit on my very first attempt over 7 years ago, and think my secret was I made the decision to quit and then honored it  I NEVER second guessed or argued with myself about it.

You will get to a point when you have no idea how many hours or days you have been quit.  You will simply become an ex-smoker.  Just keep going; it WILL happen!

Roj

Congrats...you got this!!!! Chew on straws, they really helped me...

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. Today seems a bit more difficult physically for some reason. I'm still in it 100% and looking forward to not counting days, hours and minutes... 2 days, 21 hours and 31 minutes lol!

sweetplt

brittneyd.rice Hang tough...you are still going through physical withdrawal...along with the mental...

Thought this blog might help you...https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/155472-re-when-do-benefits-of-quitting-start?commentID=15... 

Congratulations on day 3 of your quit...~ Colleen 406  DOF 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing your quit so far. Congratulations on your decision and follow through. Welcome to Ex.

indingrl

Beautuful job living NICOTINE FREE - Yahooooooooooo and - CONGRATS