cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda_M

EX8 UPDATE

Hallooooooooooooooo, Liebchen!

After what felt like forever (okay, actually, it didn't feel like forever AT ALL, because it was the holidays), we have some movement here on EX8, namely, we have dates!!!

"Brenda, what took so long?"

That's a terrific question! Because the consensus seemed to be that we should aim for the Beach Music and Cruise-In weekend, we were waiting to see when the date would be publicized. There were two weekends that had been posted online--May 8-10, and May 15-17. May 10 is Mother's Day, so if that was the real weekend, then we would have wanted to have a poll to see how people felt about going Mother's Day, or if we should choose something else. See also: the aforementioned holidays!

We managed today to find out the weekend, and it is May 15-17. Since that is not Mother's Day, that is the weekend we will go!

Pricing and how to reserve will be forthcoming in the next couple days, but I am so stupid EXcited, I wanted to share this tidbit now!!!

Thanks to Strudel‌, Michwoman‌ and JACKIE1-25-15‌!!!

10 Replies
Strudel

Thanks Brenda for the work you did on getting this all set up - including finding out the dates for the Beach Music festival! I also am VERY excited about EX 8!! We will have details on how to reserve your room - hopefully later today! 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Might just be doable! What's the fly-in airport?

Brenda_M

Annette, Virginia Beach has an airport, but if you want to coordinate travel out of DC, let me know, because I'll be driving down from there. I think I'll probably leave late-Thursday morning and return home on Sunday morning, so you'd probably want an early arrival Thursday and a late departure on Sunday (like, late. The trip back always has heavy traffic, though I do have an EZ Pass, so that should cut down on a good amount of time on the way back up).

This offer is open to anybody, btw. I can fit two people comfortably in the car, and can remove the car seat for this special occasion to make it three (Matthias is not coming this year).

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can also take an Amtrak train from DC to New Port News and then catch a bus to VA Beach.  I did that last year and it was $57 one way.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
AnnetteMM

I appreciate the offer but I'd prefer to fly in directly

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Norfolk  VA (ORF) Airport is the fly-in.  The hotel is roughly 15-20 miles from the airport. Shuttles available. 

Strudel

Norfolk

indingrl

WOW BRENDA - WHAT A MIRACLE - so good to hear from YOU - WE all could use YOUR SUPPORT TODAY - alot of NEW members just SHARING- so GOOD to KNOW YOUR OK

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

I always love to hear about the reunions!!!  I hope many here go and learn what wonderful people call Ex home   I won't go to Virginia Beach but I'm sure one day you'll move it back down to Florida or Georgia or Alabama....or New Orleans....

Enjoy, all!!  Brenda, sending you lots of love!!!

0 Kudos