cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sanpiha

A little nervous.

I'm a little nervous to quit on Feb 1s . I really want to, but I just don't know how I'll get through the urges. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mysticcat

You gotta have a quit plan? And a quit kit. 
Pack your quit lit with everything and anything you think can help. Water, books, load games on your phone, gum, coloring books, candy suckers, my ho to was tootsie pops. Get phone numbers of friends who you can call anytime you need up talk to some one. Be sure to come here and read everything. Lots of good stuff.

Read Alien Carr’s easy way to Quit. 

Quitting it’s not easy but so worth when you get to the other side. 
cheering you on from cyber space. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  It's normal to be nervous about quitting.  Smoking has been  our company for most activities in our life.  Educating myself about nicotine addiction and having a quit plan My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX helped me to make it possible this time  Take the time to prepare-knowledge is power.  Decide if you're going to go cold turkey or use an aid?  Which aid if you choose to use one.   I found that realizing that it's one day at a time and you can make that choice everyday alleviated the fear for me.  And, the support from this community is priceless.  Pick a date and take the leap.  You just have to reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Mindfullydone

You can do it. Stay in the moment. Remind yourself that urges only last 3-5 minutes. Sing, dance, candy crush, meditation, text your support squad, and remember, you are already changing because you're here. Don't be afraid to try or fail, you can try again and we will too.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I prepared for cravings/urges by making a list of things I was willing to do rather than smoke. The list contained things I knew I would do--it was things I liked to do, or loved to do, or was willing. The urges came, mostly at the start-- a handful of days. I did the things I promised myself I would do--one day at a time. It was enough to deal with the day rather than looking ahead and worry about tomorrow, the next day, the next week.

Prepare by planning, reading, learning. Blog here as much as you want to. Quitting is doable, fear is normal, but lean on all the wisdom here at Ex. This is your quit community now. Here for you one day at a time.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/01/27/one-of-the-greatest-tools-...  by Jackie

What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking? - YouTube 

0 Kudos
green1611

Welcome to smoke free tour...

Feb 1 is far away. 

Good to read very useful material on this site.. watch videos on quit smoking, please read book by Dr Alan Carr.

You might bring the date early,

All the best!

0 Kudos
Swanbird

The most important thing for me was to keep busy and have plenty of things to put in my mouth like sugar free anything!  I'm sucking on a sucker as I write this.  They're for little kids they supposedly keep your teeth clean lol!  Whatever it takes you can do it!

0 Kudos