cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Another Elder Painted ~Sootie

Another higher regarded Elder done. Sootie.,,In Oils.  She was a little challenging to do due to blurry picture to paint from. Im learning to paint humans so this is a good practice for me.

Below her progression is a woman I painted last night at my Art Club. We had her as a live model. Thats even harder to do, but I cheated and took my iPad and took a picture of her to use as I painted. In class, we painted for three for 20 minutes and take 10minute breaks in between. Did her in Acrylic.

Next on the list is mike_in_alanta.

So here's our Sootie :

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_2036.jpgIMG_2037.jpgIMG_2038.jpgIMG_2039.jpgIMG_2041.jpg

Heres the woman I did last night in Acrylic:

IMG_2034.jpgIMG_2033.jpg

Taking these pictures help. I can see so many mistakes in all of them. So thanks everyone for letting me paint you, I have a list going of those who wanted to have me paint them, if you want on it, let me know. Theres no charge and I will mail it to you when its done  This is great practice for me and free subject matter

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You capture people's spirits and personalities so well in their eyes.

Brava!

Mandolinrain

YoungAtHeart    Problem with this pic is I didn't have a clear pics of her eyes. She sent me several pics and they helped with proportions but not the eye detail I really needed. If I come across this again I will be more specific to ask  

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Oh my Missy these are perhaps your best...I love your paintings....

maryfreecig

Love it, Missy!!!

Barbscloud

Very nice!  It's interesting to the see the progression.  Thanks for sharing the steps.    Don't forget about the animals.  Cloud?

Mandolinrain

Have not forgotten Cloud. Promise to get to him soon

DonnaMarie

How beautiful!

Giulia

YAY!!!!

indingrl

Good job