cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Where are all the old bonfires?

Jump to solution

never mind.  can't delete this question, but I found my answer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

I did a bonfire search and can't get back further than about 2017.  We had some spectacular bonfires prior to that.  Any idea how to search for them?  Putting the term "bonfire" in the search box is not bring them up.  I see only 3 pages of bonfire material and this is a tradition that's been going on a LONG time before that.  Any ideas on how I can find the old bonfires?

Bonfires They've all been tagged. Everyone I could find. I think ShawnP‌ helped locate them in addition to all the Freedom Trains.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

I did a bonfire search and can't get back further than about 2017.  We had some spectacular bonfires prior to that.  Any idea how to search for them?  Putting the term "bonfire" in the search box is not bring them up.  I see only 3 pages of bonfire material and this is a tradition that's been going on a LONG time before that.  Any ideas on how I can find the old bonfires?

Bonfires They've all been tagged. Everyone I could find. I think ShawnP‌ helped locate them in addition to all the Freedom Trains.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
ShawnP

I still have record of them all

0 Kudos

ShawnP wrote:

I still have record of them all

Yup right here: Bonfires and Final Counts 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Interesting.  I thought there were more than that.  Thanks for providing the info.

0 Kudos

Could we have nightly bonfires/campfires?? I know it would be some work, but if we could get some people who could commit to hosting once or twice a month it could be done. For the newbies its a great place to feel less alone in those nasty few days, and a even better way to help keep elders quit by offering that support. 

0 Kudos

We used to run a daily Freedom Train to highlight and celebrate milestones, a daily cafe where people could stop in to chat each morning, and bonfires a couple of times a year.  Eventually we couldn't find enough folks who had the time to keep them going. 

Still miss them, though!

Nancy

0 Kudos

Could we try starting the bonfires again YoungAtHeart‌??

0 Kudos

We used to run them for 24 hours, and keep totals for the number of unsmoked cigarettes thrown in.  I don't DO math (long history of ineptitutde!!) so that leaves me out of that process!  How did you do them?

0 Kudos

I am new here, but of what I understand we would have to have permission to start a new group, or I think the best way is to start a new conversation each time. Maybe staring with once a week. Also sending out some type of pm to members asking if they would like to host. I am sure if you had them at one point there are some that might remember and want them back. I would be willing to host the first one.  In the format in the Q quitters would just take the number of unsmoked nasties from there stats and post them. I total them each morning.  The story of the Quitnet bonfire is quit powerful and I am not to sure if I can share the link here @mark??

0 Kudos