cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WaynenMary

Limbo

I feel like I am in limbo. The Q was suppose to shut down and its still here. I am grateful its still here, just very confused. I said my goodbyes and now I don't know what. I am grateful for this community so that we can continue to received and give support.  I am happy that we are solid in our quit, because this could have been a real trigger. Thank you for listening to this very odd ramble. 

12 Replies
sweetplt

YOU ramble away WaynenMary ... the good thing to keep in mind...we are in this journey together and share a common trait...quitting smoking...like Quitting sometimes Life is letting go...and moving forward...wishing this for all the Quitnet people...~ Colleen 399 DOF 

WaynenMary

Thank you @sweetpit yes we are all on the journey together and I thank  you for your support. We look forward to becoming a full time active member here. 

YoungAtHeart

For now, I might stay in both places  - but since you are most comfortable at Quitnet, I would continue your pattern there, I think. You are prepared now to move here if it's necessary and you will be welcome whenever you need us.

jmho

WaynenMary

Thank you @youngheart.7.4.12 as so many change is not the best, but we are doing it.  We are prepared, we are being thrown for a loop it was closing and now its open?? I appreciate your thoughts and look forward to being here full time. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

WaynenMary‌ I'm sure it's not intended. There may be some loose ends that need to be tied up in the process of sunsetting QuitNet that weren't anticipated, thus the site being back online temporarily while those ends are addressed. Hopefully, there will be some communication as to more specifics as I'm sure they want to be as transparent as possible. I would use the remaining time to ensure that people who hadn't prepared get an alternative support plan set up by referring them to another quit site or to exchange contact information privately (if you know them well) to maintain contact.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
WaynenMary

Thank you Mark. At first I was rather excited to see it there, now I am just waiting for the darkness to come. People are still putting this website out there so there can be continued support. 

marciem

As I mentioned to Cousin-Itt in another thread, I checked at Quitnet (never been a member), and they are not accepting new registrations or members, so that isn't a good sign.  I think Mark may be right about tying up loose ends.  Or, as they said, they are "looking for new vendor" (whatever that means) and may be doing like a realtor and "showing the site" to possble new operators.  

As Cousin-Itt said, it doesn't hurt to have two support groups.  It doesn't cost anything to travel from one site to another  , and helps your continuity and deepens your comfort level here at EX as you participate, just in case.  Can't hurt.  double your pleasure, double your support, make new friends and keep the old, oh I'm full of triteness LOL!

Just saying, there's no extra fee to keep going to both sites.

Cousin-Itt

WaynenMary‌ I know you feel the same We all fell the same  If the Q stays on that would be great  but  I met nothing but great people here at the Ex        So I look at it as I now have 2 great homes to visit.

A Quit Coach responded today to a members request re why the site was still up:

"Shutting down a website is a slow process and you should notice some functionality ending in steps throughout the day. Sadly, today is the last day to enter the site. Wishing you the best and happy new year! Coach Kate"

On a side note, it may be sad but it is NOT the end of the world. But I DO understand because I have been a (active) dual member of the Q (under a different User Name there) and also a member here for the past 7 years. Each site has something to offer us … pick 1 or 2 going forward. It's all good.