cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

It started with the last cigarette..

It started with the last cigarette.....

And then the first craving. Then the irritability, and sniping at my friends and family. Then came the anxiety, and anger at myself for allowing me to get so hooked on such a deadly product, that was now making me feel so miserable.

And that was just the first seventy-two hours.

Then hours became days, days weeks, and weeks months. Before I knew it, my sense of taste and smell had returned. My breath wasn't as labored when I worked. I felt cleaner; I smelled better. In a flash, I was six months quit.

Then a year. But it all started with the last cigarette. And that was at 7:33pm on November 24, 2015. 1500 days ago.

Smoke your last cigarette today. It will someday be your turn to look back on it and smile at how far you have come.

11 Replies
Rsuter

It is always good to hear it getting easier. 

0 Kudos
WhispersQSMB

it does, look at this on tough days to help non smoker.jpg

indingrl

Amen

Rsuter

Right

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Spot on!

Happy for you and proud OF you!

Nancy

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY 1,500 splendiferous DOF and counting YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON. 

indingrl

Yahoooooooo - CONGRATS 1500 DAYS - GOOD JOB -  living out loud as a NON SMOKER and HELPING ME - remain a NON SMOKER too - gentle hug

green1611

Great job

Congratulations on 1500 days !

Wish you many more ....!

meWisconsin

Congratulations on 1500 days smoke free. Everything has to start somewhere and you made the right choice. Keep up the good quit.

Terry