cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

What Do You Do?

~~Your talent determines what you can do.  Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do.  Your attitude determines how well you do it.~~  Lou Holtz

When you are quitting, it's rather important to figure out what you like to do...your talents, your skills, your abilities...because if you keep busy doing what you like, you will be better able to forget for a while about smoking.  I filled my days with doing my favorite things...and I found that it really helped me get through my quit.

So do you mind sharing with us?  Are you an artist?  An organizer?  A poet?  Are you a dancer?  Do you sing?  What are your favorite things to do?  What makes you happy?  What makes you forget about things?  Do you speak different languages?  Do you garden?  Are you a cleaner?  A builder?  Puzzle worker? 

What to you love to do?  Even more, what would you like to try that maybe you haven't tried yet? 

Remember that the woods would be awfully quiet if no birds sang except those who sang the best.  In other words, it doesn't matter how 'good' you are....it matters that you enjoy doing it

6 Replies
MarilynH

I guess for me when I was in my early weeks of quitting smoking I did alot of baking more so than usual plus I probably had the cleanest house around more so usual LOL! I watched my youngest grandson Mason pretty much full-time time as well, all of that kept my mind as well as my occupied plus I was committed to succeed N.M.W., thanks Sheri for another great post....

SimplySheri

I wish I could taste that bread, Marilyn!!  When you talk about it, I can definitely smell the wonderful aroma of bread baking   You are indeed a marvel and I just love you!!

MarilynH

Aaah I love you too Sheri ♥ if you lived closer I'd have you over for a big feed.

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Omgosh I would love it!!!  Bread is my favorite....and I haven't had fresh-baked in years

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I knitted a sweater for myself and chemo hats for the hospital.  I did many jigsaw puzzles.  I love to exercise and take walks all the time.  I would like to help out at the nursing home this year and learn Spanish...

So many things I want to try...but like quitting...”one thing at a time”...quitting definitely opens up a new world...

~ Colleen 394 DOF ~

SimplySheri

Colleen, you are simply full of excellent ideas!!  These are perfect!!!