cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge January 2020

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

Welcome to 2020!!!  A new year AND a new decade.  My first pledge was January 2018.  While the last year has been super busy for me at work and at home, I am extremely honored to be facilitating the Daily Pledge and grateful for this opportunity.

We get many new quitters who have chosen to start their quit on January 1.  There was a wonderful post started by YoungAtHeart asking about our favorite links on the site.  When I first quit, all I wanted to do was read about what others went through, the experiences they had, advice, etc.  I referenced the post all year long.  I thought I would post a link to it here.  It contains such valuable information and will keep you busy reading for hours!

For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too) 

For many, January is a time of thinking of the New Year, new beginnings, setting new goals, and cold weather (for some). 

===========================================================================================  

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
759 Replies
Roller831

Happy New Year!!!  I am taking aboyd63's hand from 2019 and pulling her into 2020 while I pledge not to smoke today NMW!  My free hand is EXtended to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same.

Roller 925 DOF (as of midnight)

Giulia

I am happily taking your strong 925 smoke-free day hand, Roller (and thanks for the new pledge page!) and promising not to smoke in the year 2020.  Offering my hand to the next Pledging - whether you're just finding your wings or have had them for a long time.  May you never let your Freedom go!

IMG_3901.JPG

(5053 steadfast days)

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning Everyone and Happy New Year                                                                                                                          Thank you for you hand and support this morning Giulia‌ I pledge no smoking for me on this first day of 2020

here in Southwest Ohio and I offer my free hand to the next winner in line   

Gai.C

Good morning Everyone. Cousin-Itt‌ I'll take your hand . I pledge not to smoke today or ever again.  I offer my hand to the next Ex in line 

WaynenMary

Good morning all, we take your hand Gai.C‌ and pledge not to smoke today and offer our hands in friendship and support to the next winner in line. 

sweetplt

Happy New Year WaynenMary and Ex’s, I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge. Colleen 394 DOF 

NancyJC

Happy New Year Everyone!  Stay strong this new year.  Thanks Colleen. I’ll take your hand and pledge to be smoke free today.  I’ll then reach out to the next EXer who pledges the same.  Peace.

Nancy

4106 DOF

Barbscloud

Good morning NancyJC   I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

659 DOF

KellanC74

Good morning and happy new year Barbscloud‌. Thank you for your hand and I pledge not to smoke today. I’m offering my hand to the next person in line 

Kellan DOF 192