cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nanawendy

Seven Years

As I celebrate my seven years smoke free tonight I would like to thank all of you great Exers that helped me get here.  Guilia, Dale, Tommy, Shawn, Skygirl and my lifeline, Strudel. You guys were here for me even when I wasn't here for myself. You held my hand and led me and when I needed it you were behind me pushing me forward.                                    I just learned a couple weeks ago that a dear friend lost a 6 year quit. Goes to show how powerful this addiction is and you can never let your guard down. I know that I will always be one away from a pack a day. I pray that she will return to EX and get the support she needs.

So if you are here tonight and feel that you can't do this, yes you can, these Elders have been where you are and they can guide you, so please listen ask for help when you need it.  You can do it.  I smoked for 45 years and I am celebrating 7 wonderful smoke free years tonight thanks to my commitment and the knowledge of these great people

Keep Calm and Carry On

nanawendy12/31/12

13 Replies
sweetplt

pastedImage_1.jpg nanawendy 7 years of Freedom is super...sorry about your friend losing such a long quit...it is a great reminder to all to remain vigilant...Thank you for coming to Ex’s and encouraging so many new quitters...Happy New Years’ to YOU....~ Colleen 394 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 7 years smoke free.

Barb

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS 7 YEARSYAHOOOOOOOOOOO - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

So very glad you posted!!  I was thinking about you just the other day.  Time flies away from me sometimes...7 years?!!  Congratulations!!!  I hope you are healthy and happy and very proud of your marvelous accomplishment  

0 Kudos
nanawendy

Thanks, Sherri  Hope you are still dancing !!  Happy  New Year 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia JonesCarpeDiem, pir8fan, ShawnP, SkyGirl and my lifeline, Strudel‌ Just wanted to be sure you saw you were mentioned above!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

thanks Mark& Happy New Year to you.

0 Kudos

~Happy New Year~

and

~Huge Congratulations!~

0 Kudos
ShawnP

This addiction is very powerful and I hope our friend does return along with others that have lost theirs. This really is a choice between life and death.  

Congratulations Wendy on 7 years  Such a special milestone   Always loved that number.

@mark thanks