Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blowingdank

Is nicotine really bad?

Nicotine is as dangerous as caffein. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Cousin-Itt

I may not be right  Yet here goes caffeine consumption makes one more alert and depending on the amount consumed   can cause headache jitters and upset / irritate stomach difficulty in sleeping and a increase in the heart and blood pressure   

While the consumption of nicotine leads high blood pressure heart conditions to different types of lung diseases including lung cancers and other types of cancer and other conditions

YoungAtHeart

I found this:  https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-caffeine-and-vs-nicotine/ 

"While caffeine, can lead to mental alertness and helps in remaining awake once in a while, increasing the dose or taking it regularly many times can cause jitteriness and nervousness. It can also cause upset stomach and headaches. There is difficulty in concentrating contrary to popular misconception that one gets concentration after a cup of coffee. In some people, it hinders with regular sleep and increases heart rate and blood pressure.

Nicotine is certainly more dangerous than caffeine as regular intake over a period of a few years can cause many ailments or at least lead to symptoms that need medical attention. What is bad about nicotine is that initially it provides a kick that is very pleasurable but once a person becomes habitual, he needs a higher dose to get the same kick. This goes on and a stage comes when consumption does not give any kick and it is merely required by the blood of the person which has the presence of nicotine in it. Nicotine stimulates when it is consumed and also acts like a relaxant. It releases adrenaline and increases the metabolic rate of a person. Excessive intake of nicotine leads to cancer of lungs and high blood pressure, both of whom are silent killers."

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...blowingdank 

I would think Nicotine is much worse then caffeine...caffeine can be drank in moderation...however, no Nicotine is safe, not even one...I hope you are contemplating the journey to quitting.  Read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX here you will make a quit date and plan for that like no other.  Read the blogs to become more knowledgable in this journey.  Lastly, come here to get support and to help encourage others in their quit...~ Colleen 390 DOF  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Here's are some interesting  articles in Scientific American & Harvard Medical School

Is Nicotine All Bad? - Scientific American 

Nicotine: It may have a good side - Harvard Health 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Nicotine is a poison. Literally.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Nicotine does not cause cancer.  Tobacco does.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

blowingdank‌ How can we  help you quit sooner?

I saw your quit date and wondered if we can help?  Look what you can avoid.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/blowingdankcloudz/apps/truthinitiative-my-quit-stats-jive-... 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos