cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lake1234

Quitting cold turkey without nrt

Has anyone here quit cold turkey without nrt? My quit date is January 1 snd will take any advice

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Lots of good information here:  /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2019/12/26/for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too.

Lots of success stories going what we call "Smart Turkey" here on the site.  You can find them with the magnifying glass (top right) and typing in "Cold Turkey."  Here is a blog written by someone recently:  Cold turkey - the only way I could quit

You might also visit and read blogs and responses here:  Cold Turkey Quitters 

Keep in mind that the nicotine is pretty much out of your system in three days, then it's a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to life without it.

LOTS of folks here have been successful.  Do the reading, plan, prepare, stay close to us and commit - and you can join their ranks!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Many here have quit cold turkey and many have used NRT or medications.  Success comes in different forms.  Do the research and decide what's best for you.  Congrats on your decision to quit no matter what you decide.

Barb

maryfreecig

I quit cold turkey--no group like Ex. There is an alternative perspective on cold turkey, it's called smart turkey.  Education, support and planning--have you put time into deciding what you will do when you have craves. They come, but they leave and eventually for good. Keep reading information on addiction--plenty here at Ex. And of course Ex is going to be here for you 365.

/blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2016/04/27/a-smart-turkey-repost-for-all-our-newbies by skygirl

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Lake1234 

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  I quit cold turkey.  I came to Ex’s and read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to decide on my quit date, what plan worked for me, and to plan for my quit date like no other.  Then, I came here and got support and encouraged others in their journey.  Also, I printed out this list /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=0... You can do this...we are here to help...~ Colleen 390 DOF 

0 Kudos