cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jsmedley

The a Journey to Quit

I’m learning to take it day to day. Today is day 37 smoke free. When I face stressful situations I go into my room look in the mirror and I say I really want a cigarette, and then I repeat “I will not smoke” over and over again. Just repeating that phrase really helps. Mind over matter I know I have a ways to go, but that’s how I cope.

Jen

5 Replies
maryfreecig

Good work taking it one day at a time.  Keep it coming.

YoungAtHeart

You GOT this!  Changing your mind's direction is a powerful tool.  Keep using it!

Congrats on 37 days!

Nancy

MarilynH

You are doing this quit and you're doing it one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time just keep moving forward stacking up your precious Days Of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON....

sweetplt

Hi Jen jsmedley Congratulations on 37 days of Freedom...super job...so much of this journey is learning to change our mind and attitude...which you shared a great way to do it...you are currently in “No Man’s Land”...read the following article https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... to help you through this part of your journey...Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 390 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on you 37 days smoke free.  That's a great tool to use.

Barb